Groups

Asda recalling selected Stationery due to chemical issues

Editor
    The supermarket giant has issued a recall of several packs of ballpoint pens.

"Asda is recalling the packs of ballpoint pens, which have been on sale since January 2014. This is because, following routine internal testing, the ink within the pens was found to contain a higher level of one chemical that is above the limits set by safety regulations.

Full refunds will be given, just take them back to your local. No receipt or packaging is necessary.

14 Comments

Original Poster Editor

Edited by: "millarcat" 15th Aug 2016

Who has a ballpoint pen from 2014 ??

Banned

Mental. Those wont harm anyone. Health and safety overload here.

arcangel111

Who has a ballpoint pen from 2014 ??

You mean you don't?

Weirdo!

for writing poison pen letters?

MrScotchBonnet

How do you know?

MrScotchBonnet

It's to prevent people from people from sucking the ink out after chewing on them. Same reason I can't get decent toothpaste without a prescription as halfwits have been eating it.

Banned

dxx

How do you know?

Because they have been on sale for over 2 years and no reported incidents (from what I can see). I understand guidelines are there for a reason but sometimes they are a bit hit and miss.

MrScotchBonnet

Because they have been on sale for over 2 years and no reported incidents … Because they have been on sale for over 2 years and no reported incidents (from what I can see). I understand guidelines are there for a reason but sometimes they are a bit hit and miss.

What sort of incidents did you expect to find? Not all chemicals explode or the like, some just cause slow, lingering health damage (lead being a good example of that), and others can cause various forms of environmental damage.

Banned

dxx

What sort of incidents did you expect to find? Not all chemicals explode … What sort of incidents did you expect to find? Not all chemicals explode or the like, some just cause slow, lingering health damage (lead being a good example of that), and others can cause various forms of environmental damage.

Lol I'm not arguing over a felt tip pen

MrScotchBonnet

kester76

It's to prevent people from people from sucking the ink out after chewing … It's to prevent people from people from sucking the ink out after chewing on them. Same reason I can't get decent toothpaste without a prescription as halfwits have been eating it.

I suggest not giving your prescription to halfwits.

MrScotchBonnet

kester76

It's to prevent people from people from sucking the ink out after … It's to prevent people from people from sucking the ink out after chewing on them. Same reason I can't get decent toothpaste without a prescription as halfwits have been eating it.

No, they've been eating the high flouride toothpaste. I'm sorry if you got the wrong end of the stick as my comment was ambiguous

MrScotchBonnet

Lol I'm not arguing over a felt tip pen

Correct. You're arguing over a ballpoint pen.

qbs

Correct. You're arguing over a ballpoint pen.

No, I just thought he might have a bit of knowledge or information to share that might satisfy my curiosity. It's a bit disappointing to find that he doesn't know anything, and is just reacting for reacting's sake.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846166
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764206
      3. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio44
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31136

See more discussions