Expired

ASDA Replace *AND* Refund

Found 7th Sep 2015
Not sure how well known this is, but ASDA have policy where you can purchase a product, Try it and if your not 100% happy they will refund AND replace it..

I'm posting because I didn't know and its seems the staff didn't know either..

I bought some ASDA little angel bedtime pants, when i tried them we found them to be very tight and not in the 18-30Kg range they stated..

So i returned to ASDA with my receipt and my first argument was that they wouldn't accept an opened product, "How can I try them, without opening?"

Manager its OK...

Next i was offered an exchange, but when i pointed out the packaging stated refund and replace, I was told its one or the other, after a bit of disagreement and showing the statement printed on their packaging to the manager, I was given a full refund and my product replaced for a better one.

Why do we have to argue with supermarkets on the policies they implement? if they do not want to fulfil the promises maybe they shouldn't make them!

Just a heads up really.
Community Updates
Misc
16 Comments
does this apply to ipad air?
That is the "Try me Love me" guarantee, which is only supposed to apply to food items. oO

Well done, I bet the manager hat sit down for a while after talking to you. X)
Are you finding your replacement little angel bedtime pants a better fit Hari?
Edited by: "Saturn" 7th Sep 2015
only applies to asda own brand not asda smart price. Its been around for many years. basically if say you use kellogs cornflakes and you try asdas own cornflakes and don't like them, they will refund and replace it with the one you normally buy, kellogs.
deleted57959

Not sure how well known this is, but ASDA have policy where you can … Not sure how well known this is, but ASDA have policy where you can purchase a product, Try it and if your not 100% happy they will refund AND replace it...

I am not 100% happy with ASDA's grocery home delivery service.
fanpages

Let them know you'll get a refund and a free Waitrose shop to replace it.
fanpages

Did they substitute the home you ordered?
deleted57959

Not sure how well known this is, but ASDA have policy where you can … Not sure how well known this is, but ASDA have policy where you can purchase a product, Try it and if your not 100% happy they will refund AND replace it...

fanpages

moneysavingkitten

Did they substitute the home you ordered?

Yeah, for a speedboat, or a caravan, depending on stock on the day.
yep i bought Asda brand mouthwash which was awful,Took it back and the woman refunded me and said i could pick an alternative like Listerine.However some only give you a refund so point it out to them when taking anything back
I might sound silly but I always thought if I don't like it why would I want another one! didn't realise you could get another product which was similar just thought they replaced it with the same one. makes more sense your way.

oh and I've never had the £2 gift voucher for being overcharged. didn't realise they did this until someone pointed it out on here and I haven't been overcharged since to try it out.
adhkarzf

I might sound silly but I always thought if I don't like it why would I … I might sound silly but I always thought if I don't like it why would I want another one! didn't realise you could get another product which was similar just thought they replaced it with the same one. makes more sense your way. oh and I've never had the £2 gift voucher for being overcharged. didn't realise they did this until someone pointed it out on here and I haven't been overcharged since to try it out.

​yep that's right. I was offered the same product once and ended up in an argument with a manager over it. I said if I didn't like it why would I want the same again. she wouldn't have it that I was right. also the £2 most will try their best to wriggle out of it, some saying they don't do it anymore just remind them its on their website.
caverncity

​yep that's right. I was offered the same product once and ended up in an … ​yep that's right. I was offered the same product once and ended up in an argument with a manager over it. I said if I didn't like it why would I want the same again. she wouldn't have it that I was right. also the £2 most will try their best to wriggle out of it, some saying they don't do it anymore just remind them its on their website.

They can make you feel like you're asking for money from their child's piggybank sometimes X)

Life's often too short to take things back, you clearly have more patience than most!

There's always 3+ people queuing at customer service in my local tesco, with one person working behind the counter even if the queue gets to 8+ people.
i almost took a toaster back this morning as i couldn't get one of the sides to lock into place.. after i'd cleaned it out, grabbed the box from loft (only 2 weeks old) and packed it all away, my lad asked which side was broke - i said 2nd side.. apparently the 2nd side only works if you have the 1st side down already... bloody thing!

caverncity

​yep that's right. I was offered the same product once and ended up in an … ​yep that's right. I was offered the same product once and ended up in an argument with a manager over it. I said if I didn't like it why would I want the same again. she wouldn't have it that I was right. also the £2 most will try their best to wriggle out of it, some saying they don't do it anymore just remind them its on their website.

I'm sure they won't give you the £2 over charge gesture if you use the self serve checkouts?
arcangel111

i almost took a toaster back this morning as i couldn't get one of the … i almost took a toaster back this morning as i couldn't get one of the sides to lock into place.. after i'd cleaned it out, grabbed the box from loft (only 2 weeks old) and packed it all away, my lad asked which side was broke - i said 2nd side.. apparently the 2nd side only works if you have the 1st side down already... bloody thing!

​so he watched you clean it and box it up before telling you why it wouldn't work...haha, what a LAD!
Apogee00

​so he watched you clean it and box it up before telling you why it w … ​so he watched you clean it and box it up before telling you why it wouldn't work...haha, what a LAD!

Kids Eh ?? X)

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants