Groups

Asda SIM in a Vodafone KS360

Hi all

Just about to get daughter her 1st mobile phone and looking at the KS360 on Vodafone (currently £40 from tesco.com).

I'm hoping to use an Asda sim card in this (seems to be the ideal tarriff for her). As Asda use Vodafone network.

Will this work or should I look elsewhere?

9 Comments

depends if its locked, you can ask vodafone if the phone is locked. i know phones from carphone warehouse are unlocked as my sister just bought a phone from them today and she asked them.

you will have to get it unlocked first , then it will work , if its on Voda then its locked to them, can get it unlocked for @£10 , matbe have a look at the price for the phone at Carphone wharehouse, as there phones are all unlocked to any network (_;)

haha kulsum beat me too it, great minds think alike X)

shopstilldrops

haha kulsum beat me too it, great minds think alike X)

lol, about time im always getting beaten by someone else

Original Poster

Ah

I thought that as Asda use Vodafone that it might work.

I have had a couple of Voda locked phones, and the Asda sim works perfectly well. Can't guarantee it tho, so you may be best to buy from CPW where they are (ahould) be unlocked.

Original Poster

Cheers guys.

Took the risk & the Asda sim works perfectly in the Vodafone phone.

Phone is locked as my Orange sim doesnt work.

Banned

Kulsum

depends if its locked, you can ask vodafone if the phone is locked. i … depends if its locked, you can ask vodafone if the phone is locked. i know phones from carphone warehouse are unlocked as my sister just bought a phone from them today and she asked them.

my iphone is locked

Thats brill , never knew that though that asda were part of vodafone( or used them ) !!........you learn something new everyday on here !.
    Edited by: "shopstilldrops" 30th Jul 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1929
      3. love affairs1547
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767273

See more discussions