ASDA Smooth Orange

Posted 23rd Oct
ASDA Smooth Orange Juice says its "Pure squeezed 100% fruit" "Bursting with...
14 Sweet Oranges....And another one squeezed in for good measure" etc. I had bought one the other day which expires in Jan 2020 and use with in 4-5 days of opening.

The product says nothing about added preservatives etc. Can a freshly squeezed juice stay fresh for 2-3 month even if its in an air tight bottle?

groceries.asda.com/pro…715
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
nope
Perhaps if it's heated first? Like baked beans? I don't know
jamesisasecret23/10/2019 15:45

Perhaps if it's heated first? Like baked beans? I don't know

I'm guessing that the OP has never seen a carton of UHT long life milk before.
Haircut_10023/10/2019 15:57

I'm guessing that the OP has never seen a carton of UHT long life milk …I'm guessing that the OP has never seen a carton of UHT long life milk before.

Well this is good to know, never thought it would be used in Juice processing.
en.wikipedia.org/wik…ing
aphilip23/10/2019 16:09

Well this is good to know, never thought it would be used in Juice …Well this is good to know, never thought it would be used in Juice processing.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra-high-temperature_processing

To be honest, neither did I, but then I wouldn't really have wondered how it lasted in the first place.
I would assume it goes through a heating process like baby food, which seems to have long shelf dates on them but only 24 hours from opening. I believe the packet 1s are cooked in the packets once sealed. So last a long time until opened.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants