Expired

Asda Staff Discount

Found 19th Mar 2014
Hello I've tried to find this information myself but to no avail. I have a sibling that works at Asda but they can't tell me whether their staff discount stretches to mobile phones either instore or via their Direct website.

Can anyone confirm??
Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Google is your friend.

ASDA Employee Discount Scheme

HOW MUCH DISCOUNT DO I GET?

In Asda Stores:

10% off whatever the customer pays in Asda stores. Discount is applied after other
promotional discounts have been deducted. Certain products are excluded; gift
vouchers & cards, saving stamps & cards, e-top up cards, iTunes gift cards, postage
stamps, lottery tickets, phone cards, tobacco, NHS prescriptions, infant formula and all
goods for sale in petrol stations & kiosks, linksaves that include items that are exempt
from discount e.g. iTunes gift cards will not receive the full 10% colleague discount.

Edited by: "Gordonc1960" 19th Mar 2014
as an Asda colleague I can confirm it does having just bought the moto g in store for £90
It also gives you an extra few pence off in store if you pay some of the bill in cash then the rest on a card
Why can you never get infant foruma discounted?
JackRH1

Why can you never get infant foruma discounted?

Because it's against the law to discount it. The prevailing view is that breast feeding is healthier for babies than formula, so the promotion of formula (either by advertising or discounting) is heavily restricted. Partially to discourage people from buying it but mainly to prevent dodgy promotions by the manufacturers. You still see it today in the third world (and is why a lot of people boycott Nestle) - they give out freebies and promote the formula then the mother stops expressing milk so is stuck buying it.

Before people start throwing strops about government interference like they always seem to on this topic, you are still fully entitled to use infant formula should you want to. This is no different to the government encouraging healthy lifestyles in other areas.
callum9999

Because it's against the law to discount it. The prevailing view is that … Because it's against the law to discount it. The prevailing view is that breast feeding is healthier for babies than formula, so the promotion of formula (either by advertising or discounting) is heavily restricted. Partially to discourage people from buying it but mainly to prevent dodgy promotions by the manufacturers. You still see it today in the third world (and is why a lot of people boycott Nestle) - they give out freebies and promote the formula then the mother stops expressing milk so is stuck buying it.Before people start throwing strops about government interference like they always seem to on this topic, you are still fully entitled to use infant formula should you want to. This is no different to the government encouraging healthy lifestyles in other areas.

Thank you
Gordonc1960

Google is your friend. :)ASDA Employee Discount SchemeHOW MUCH DISCOUNT … Google is your friend. :)ASDA Employee Discount SchemeHOW MUCH DISCOUNT DO I GET?In Asda Stores:10% off whatever the customer pays in Asda stores. Discount is applied after otherpromotional discounts have been deducted. Certain products are excluded; giftvouchers & cards, saving stamps & cards, e-top up cards, iTunes gift cards, postagestamps, lottery tickets, phone cards, tobacco, NHS prescriptions, infant formula and allgoods for sale in petrol stations & kiosks, linksaves that include items that are exemptfrom discount e.g. iTunes gift cards will not receive the full 10% colleague discount.

Appreciate the link Gordon. I had managed to find the same PDF but wasn't entirely sure whether phones were included.

I too didn't understand why we couldn't get discount on baby formula until explanation from store manager.

Kudos to the replies!
Python

It also gives you an extra few pence off in store if you pay some of the … It also gives you an extra few pence off in store if you pay some of the bill in cash then the rest on a card

what scheme is this under? not heard of this myself. Any more pennies I can save the better! Better lining my pocket rather than someone else's
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants