Asda store unprofessional

Found 8th Oct 2017
Asda shopping Drake house Moss way. On the 23 of august approximately 5 PM I returned a shaver which I bought fromr Asda which had gone faulty and I was unable to find the receipt. I just wanted to Exchange it and I spoke to Glynis the assistant manager and she wanted me to identify the exact dates that the item was purchased which I did it was 4 July in the afternoon. Glennis identified a matched one was sold on 4 July but she refused to believe me because I couldn't remember the rest of the shopping I bought on that day I had my 2 young children with me and they were upset by this terrible ordeal seen there dad been treated like I had stolen the shaver. Has any of my FB friends ever taken a electrical item back to any Asda stores without a receipt.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
deeky4 m ago

Who are you talking to? You won't see the OP again.

32210755-4Aou6.jpg

They have come to take me away
Why not ask your FB friends, this is hukd.
Spammed.
splatsplatsplat18 m ago

Buy another one, wait a month, take faulty one back with new receipt. I …Buy another one, wait a month, take faulty one back with new receipt. I did this with a peeler that I bought from asda and lost the receipt.

May I be so bold as to refer you to post no #..... Hang on, where's the post numbers gone?
28 Comments
Asda shopping Drake house Moss way. On the 23 of august approximately 5 PM I returned a shaver which I bought fromr Asda which had gone faulty and I was unable to find the receipt. I just wanted to Exchange it and I spoke to Glynis the assistant manager and she wanted me to identify the exact dates that the item was purchased which I did it was 4 July in the afternoon. Glennis identified a matched one was sold on 4 July but she refused to believe me because I couldn't remember the rest of the shopping I bought on that day I had my 2 young children with me and they were upset by this terrible ordeal seen there dad been treated like I had stolen the shaver. Has any of my FB friends ever taken a electrical item back to any Asda stores without a receipt.
Read terms and conditions before complaining.
Why not ask your FB friends, this is hukd.
Spammed.
I've seen this happen to the person in front of me who was trying to return a faulty tv. As it wasn't the store he bought it from and no receipt, he was told to go back to the store he bought it from. This must be their new policy now.
summerof761 m ago

I've seen this happen to the person in front of me who was trying to …I've seen this happen to the person in front of me who was trying to return a faulty tv. As it wasn't the store he bought it from and no receipt, he was told to go back to the store he bought it from. This must be their new policy now.

deeky4 m ago

32210755-4Aou6.jpg

They have come to take me away
Buy another one, wait a month, take faulty one back with new receipt. I did this with a peeler that I bought from asda and lost the receipt.
summerof766 m ago

I've seen this happen to the person in front of me who was trying to …I've seen this happen to the person in front of me who was trying to return a faulty tv. As it wasn't the store he bought it from and no receipt, he was told to go back to the store he bought it from. This must be their new policy now.

Deeky has a point why wait 7 weeks ?
very pongy
splatsplatsplat18 m ago

Buy another one, wait a month, take faulty one back with new receipt. I …Buy another one, wait a month, take faulty one back with new receipt. I did this with a peeler that I bought from asda and lost the receipt.

May I be so bold as to refer you to post no #..... Hang on, where's the post numbers gone?
deeky5 m ago

May I be so bold as to refer you to post no #..... Hang on, where's …May I be so bold as to refer you to post no #..... Hang on, where's the post numbers gone?

You could always permalink the comment.

...as long as your screen size is large enough, of course. Otherwise that option disappears and there's no way in which to do it.

Progress .....
Edited by: "RossD89" 8th Oct 2017
RossD892 m ago

You could always permalink the comment....as long as your screen size is …You could always permalink the comment....as long as your screen size is large enough, of course. Otherwise that option disappears and there's no way in which to do it.Progress .....

You're getting like my own personal HUKD techniques advisor
deeky33 m ago

getbig.com/boa…9.0

You can read about his past though.
shadey126 m ago

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=411549.0You can read about …http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=411549.0You can read about his past though.

And that spelling of Chrouch would be one hell of a coincidence
Edited by: "deeky" 8th Oct 2017
IIRC only asdas own brands you may not need a receipt, everything else as in electrical you do and they wont budge unless you threaten them that you are going to muddy their name on HUKD!
deeky2 h, 19 m ago

And that spelling of Chrouch would be one hell of a … And that spelling of Chrouch would be one hell of a coincidence

This is a distant relative of the op
32212235-BPG3o.jpg

My cousin worked in a sports shop and people tried to return trainers that they did not even sell to the store and demanding to see the manager.. 10000% certain that the store sold them and they want their money back.
Dawsy9 m ago

My cousin worked in a sports shop and people tried to return trainers that …My cousin worked in a sports shop and people tried to return trainers that they did not even sell to the store and demanding to see the manager.. 10000% certain that the store sold them and they want their money back.

At a job interview, always say you are willing to give 110 percent.
Unless the job is a statistician.
Trevor.Chrouch12 h, 7 m ago

Asda shopping Drake house Moss way. On the 23 of august approximately 5 PM …Asda shopping Drake house Moss way. On the 23 of august approximately 5 PM I returned a shaver which I bought fromr Asda which had gone faulty and I was unable to find the receipt. I just wanted to Exchange it and I spoke to Glynis the assistant manager and she wanted me to identify the exact dates that the item was purchased which I did it was 4 July in the afternoon. Glennis identified a matched one was sold on 4 July but she refused to believe me because I couldn't remember the rest of the shopping I bought on that day I had my 2 young children with me and they were upset by this terrible ordeal seen there dad been treated like I had stolen the shaver. Has any of my FB friends ever taken a electrical item back to any Asda stores without a receipt.

To brighten their dull days dealing with the public, I wonder if Glynis & Glennis ever swap their name badges.
Cool story for you.

Last week I witnessed an amusing exchange with Waitrose customer service. A customer was trying to take some food back, claiming it was inedible. Customer service told her she couldn't have a refund, because she couldn't prove it was bought in Waitrose.

She was taking back Waitrose own brand sausages.
fanpages6 h, 9 m ago

At a job interview, always say you are willing to give 110 percent.Unless …At a job interview, always say you are willing to give 110 percent.Unless the job is a statistician.

I guess you'd be fine for shadow home secretary though.
I wonder if Trevor is a frequent poster here in MISC under another name ?
splender5 h, 7 m ago

I wonder if Trevor is a frequent poster here in MISC under another name ?

I notice your command of the English language has noticeably improved since you changed your avatar.
Edited by: "Uranus" 9th Oct 2017
caverncity15 h, 31 m ago

IIRC only asdas own brands you may not need a receipt, everything else as …IIRC only asdas own brands you may not need a receipt, everything else as in electrical you do and they wont budge unless you threaten them that you are going to muddy their name on HUKD!

I would have thought you will still need a receipt even if it's to prove its within the warranty period
kylemj32 m ago

I would have thought you will still need a receipt even if it's to prove …I would have thought you will still need a receipt even if it's to prove its within the warranty period

Asda, Tesco own brand electrical etc there is a code on the item and on their system they have which tells them when it was first sold and if not sold anymore when they stopped selling them so they know if their own warranty is still valid. Sometimes this can work against you if you want a refund as it might be on sale so you end up with less than you paid, best to just swap if that is the case. People seem to forget they only need proof, a bag (well it was) is sufficient, a family member or friend who witnessed you buying it or a bank statement so they can check their systems. Plus as the shop doesnt have to give you a receipt you dont need to supply one, just some proof.
Edited by: "caverncity" 9th Oct 2017
Destard4 h, 17 m ago

I notice your command of the English language has noticeably improved …I notice your command of the English language has noticeably improved since you changed your avatar.

I have dissociative identity disorder, it is an infectious disorder here, at times good, ugly or bad, I haven't started treatment as yet with new registrations.
MSK.16 h, 44 m ago

Cool story for you. Last week I witnessed an amusing exchange with …Cool story for you. Last week I witnessed an amusing exchange with Waitrose customer service. A customer was trying to take some food back, claiming it was inedible. Customer service told her she couldn't have a refund, because she couldn't prove it was bought in Waitrose.She was taking back Waitrose own brand sausages.

How could one prove it? I would have thought a receipt and a wrapper (with scanner bar code) are sufficient.
splender5 h, 3 m ago

How could one prove it? I would have thought a receipt and a wrapper (with …How could one prove it? I would have thought a receipt and a wrapper (with scanner bar code) are sufficient.

Take a selfie with every electrical item or major purchase you buy.. that might work...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants