Groups
    EXPIRED

Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsburys, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Does any body work at any of the above?
    if so how much notice do you get on the price of things before they are released?

Cos i would like to get call of duty modern warfare 2 on release day but so far have not pre ordered in case it is cheaper at one of the above supermarkets on release day.

if you do find out days before is there any chance you could stick the price on here?

Thanks in advance.

Please no trolling
    i have my own opinion and i like it.

61 Comments

I was pretty surprised that Sainsbury's had Halo ODST the cheapest on release day (£29.99).

Original Poster

andrewnclark;6405849

I was pretty surprised that Sainsbury's had Halo ODST the cheapest on … I was pretty surprised that Sainsbury's had Halo ODST the cheapest on release day (£29.99).

yeah it seems these deals are a surprise to everyone?

but someone must know weeks if not months in advance.

any body order stock or expedite for one of the above supermarkets?

have they put any big orders in for modern warfare 2?

I work for asda on the games desk-nobody knows the price til about 24 hours before release-if we at asda said now we would do fifa 10 for 25 quid then tesco would go 23 and book newspaper ads to say so-its all about who blinks first-it is possible asda/tesco may announce the prices on the thursday before release but they wont announce earlier cos it tips off the competition on their plans.

Original Poster

barky;6406083

I work for asda on the games desk-nobody knows the price til about 24 … I work for asda on the games desk-nobody knows the price til about 24 hours before release-if we at asda said now we would do fifa 10 for 25 quid then tesco would go 23 and book newspaper ads to say so-its all about who blinks first-it is possible asda/tesco may announce the prices on the thursday before release but they wont announce earlier cos it tips off the competition on their plans.

yeah i understand.

if you do find out will ya post it even @ 24 hours notice.

so i know whether to be there midnight or not bother.

Please!

24 Hours, if you call around them, they will tell.

Ive preordered at Asda tonight, two copies, no deposit required. They couldnt tell me the price, but theres no obligation, so why not. Asdas plan is usually the best. Even if Tesco dont announce a price, chances are Asda will go to the lowest point possible, where Tesco just wont go. They did with WaW.

Original Poster

he6rt6gr6m;6407798

24 Hours, if you call around them, they will tell.Ive preordered at Asda … 24 Hours, if you call around them, they will tell.Ive preordered at Asda tonight, two copies, no deposit required. They couldnt tell me the price, but theres no obligation, so why not. Asdas plan is usually the best. Even if Tesco dont announce a price, chances are Asda will go to the lowest point possible, where Tesco just wont go. They did with WaW.

Thank you didn't realise you could do that .

Im going to Asda tomorrow then.

I take it I just go to the entertainment counter?

Does anyone know if you can reserve by phone with Asda?

I've seen the posters for Sainsbury's and can confirm £26. bring on the price war!

supermod

I'm under strict instructions to buy this on release day for family members (need 3 copies:roll:) so I can see me touring supermarkets if there are sales restrictions on quantities etc. Any sub £30 offers are great as they'd be below pre-order prices ;-)

Is the £26 deal for the PC version? If so, how much are the console versions?

apcody;6771811

£26 in sainsbury found out today and yes it is true

if thats true it will be a red hot deal! i usually look at the supermarkets for games now as they are much cheaper. thanks for the tip.

A mate preordered fifa10 from the tesco website, when they sold it for £10 cheaper in store on release date they refunded him. Im hoping they do the same with MW2

I asked in Morrisons the other day and they didnt know the prices yet.

Cannot WAIT! Will be taking the trek down to asda at midnight as im assuming they will drop their price with it too.

I asked at the games/dvd counter at morrisons and the girl said 10th morning 8am for 39 pounds.. so morrisons is out.

Rukshan;6788990

I asked at the games/dvd counter at morrisons and the girl said 10th … I asked at the games/dvd counter at morrisons and the girl said 10th morning 8am for 39 pounds.. so morrisons is out.

Ol' Morries is out of touch with things like that, stores that offer home delivery seem a lot more 'with-it'

Rukshan;6788990

I asked at the games/dvd counter at morrisons and the girl said 10th … I asked at the games/dvd counter at morrisons and the girl said 10th morning 8am for 39 pounds.. so morrisons is out.

Haha. At the same time, compared to other online retailers, thats still a fair price unless Asda, Tesco and Sainsburys come in with something better...

oliverreed;6789012

Ol' Morries is out of touch with things like that, stores that offer home … Ol' Morries is out of touch with things like that, stores that offer home delivery seem a lot more 'with-it'

But morrisons were one of the first to kick off this whole 'game price war', back when they had Mercs 2 at £25, and Guitar Hero DS for £12 when first released...

dogvilledan;6789045

But morrisons were one of the first to kick off this whole 'game price … But morrisons were one of the first to kick off this whole 'game price war', back when they had Mercs 2 at £25, and Guitar Hero DS for £12 when first released...

True, remember their "all games for £25" deal when Tiger Woods 09 came out?

hippyharry;6789079

True, remember their "all games for £25" deal when Tiger Woods 09 came … True, remember their "all games for £25" deal when Tiger Woods 09 came out?

Yeah, that was the same deal I think.

Here's a quote from another website saying you can pre-order without obligation from Asda....anyone else tried this?

"If like myself your going to que in 24 Hour ASDA for the 1 min past midnight release of Call Of Duty Modern Warefare 2 then why not get a Pre-Order reciept .. then you dont have to worry about them having enough copies .. also turn up 5 mins before to collect instead of 1 hour for the que ...

I got my Pre-Order reciept the other day .. it does say theres no price yet as they dont know what the price will be but you dont have to pay a deposit so you have nothing to lose .. just says you have 3 days to collect from store after release date .."

There are no 24hr Sainsburys near me, so do I wait until 8am or just pre order with Asda knowing I can be playing it at 00:15?

smckay;6789822

There are no 24hr Sainsburys near me, so do I wait until 8am or just pre … There are no 24hr Sainsburys near me, so do I wait until 8am or just pre order with Asda knowing I can be playing it at 00:15?

Think it's too late to pre-order from Asda now.

Muscle And Hate;6782724

I've seen the posters for Sainsbury's and can confirm £26. bring on the … I've seen the posters for Sainsbury's and can confirm £26. bring on the price war!

Hi,
    Where did u see the posters? and can you put pic up??
    Cheers

I have just been to my local Asda to reserve MW2 for midnight Monday 9th.
    I asked the Manager if she knew what the price was going to be and she said its NOT 100%
    BUT they may be selling it for £27.00
    I know there is going to be a price war with the supermarkets but £27.00!!
    If this is true then good times!!!
    I think we will be seeing a BIG advertising campaign next week in all papers if the price is £27.00
    Let the supermarket price war rage on!!

Psychic;6790707

I have just been to my local Asda to reserve MW2 for midnight Monday … I have just been to my local Asda to reserve MW2 for midnight Monday 9th.I asked the Manager if she knew what the price was going to be and she said its NOT 100%BUT they may be selling it for £27.00 I know there is going to be a price war with the supermarkets but £27.00!!If this is true then good times!!! I think we will be seeing a BIG advertising campaign next week in all papers if the price is £27.00Let the supermarket price war rage on!!

Youn reserved this today yes? just that a friend was told in Asda today it was too late. If so I shall make a trip there in case Sainsbury are not open 24hrs.

apcody;6790820

Youn reserved this today yes? just that a friend was told in Asda today … Youn reserved this today yes? just that a friend was told in Asda today it was too late. If so I shall make a trip there in case Sainsbury are not open 24hrs.

sorry it was a cut/paste from what i posted a few days ago.i went into asda on the 2nd Nov.
    Yes they have stopped taking orders now.:roll:

Nice if it is £27 at ASDA got me pre-order in on Monday

To celebrate the release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, surely the most eagerly awaited game of all time, we've decided to open over 125 stores at midnight on Monday 9th November*, to give you the chance to pick up your copy before anyone else.

Participating stores are listed below. See our store finder to find out which is best for you.

Participating stores:

Aberdeen, Andover, Ayr, Ballymena, Banbury, Bangor, Barnsley, Basingstoke, Bath, Bedford, Belfast Donegall, Birkenhead, Birmingham High St, Birmingham The Fort, Blackburn, Bolton Middlebrook, Bournemouth, Bournemouth Castlepoint, Bradford, Brighton Western Rd, Bristol , Broadmead, Bristol Cribbs, Bromley, Burton Upon Trent, Canterbury, Cardiff Resite, Carlisle, Cheltenham, Cheshire Oaks, Chichester, Clydebank, Colchester, Cork, Covent Garden, Coventry, Crawley, Croydon, Cwmbran, Derby, Derry, Doncaster, Drogheda, Dublin Grafton Street, Dumfries, Dundee, Dundrum, Durham, Eastbourne, Edinburgh Fort Kinnaird, Edinburgh Gyle Centre, Edinburgh Ocean Terminal, Edinburgh Princes St, Enfield, Exeter Princesshay, Gateshead, Glasgow Argyle, Glasgow Buchanan St, Glasgow Fort, Glasgow Sauchiehall, Glasgow Silverburn, Guernsey, Hanley, Harlow, Hartlepool, Hereford, High Wycombe, Inverness, Ipswich, Isle Of Wight, Islington, Jersey, Kirkcaldy, Leeds Headrow, Leeds White Rose, Leicester, Lincoln, Liverpool One, Livingston, Llanelli, Maidstone Resite, Manchester 90 Mkt St, Manchester Trafford, Mansfield, Merry Hill, Milton Keynes, Newbury, Newcastle, Newry, Norwich, Nottingham Listergate, Nottingham Wheelergate, Orpington, Oxford, Oxford Circus, Oxford St 360, Perth, Peterborough, Plymouth George St, Portsmouth, Preston, Reading Friar St, Reading Oracle, Richmond, Romford, Rotherham, Salisbury, Scarborough, Sheffield High St, Sheffield Meadowhall, Shrewsbury, Southampton, Southend Victoria, Speke Park, St Albans, Stevenage, Stirling, Stockport, Stockton On Tees, Stratford, Stratford Upon Avon, Sunderland, Swansea, Swindon, Taunton, Teesside, Telford Resite, Thurrock, Torquay, Trocadero, Truro, Wakefield, Wandsworth, Welwyn Garden City, Wimbledon, Winchester, Windsor, Wood Green, Workington, Wrexham, Yeovil, York.

*Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 available from participating stores from 00.01am on Tuesday 10th November. Title, price and offer subject to availability whilst stocks last, prices online may vary.

Psychic;6793830

To celebrate the release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, surely the … To celebrate the release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, surely the most eagerly awaited game of all time, we've decided to open over 125 stores at midnight on Monday 9th November*, to give you the chance to pick up your copy before anyone else. Participating stores are listed below. See our store finder to find out which is best for you. Participating stores:Aberdeen, Andover, Ayr, Ballymena, Banbury, Bangor, Barnsley, Basingstoke, Bath, Bedford, Belfast Donegall, Birkenhead, Birmingham High St, Birmingham The Fort, Blackburn, Bolton Middlebrook, Bournemouth, Bournemouth Castlepoint, Bradford, Brighton Western Rd, Bristol , Broadmead, Bristol Cribbs, Bromley, Burton Upon Trent, Canterbury, Cardiff Resite, Carlisle, Cheltenham, Cheshire Oaks, Chichester, Clydebank, Colchester, Cork, Covent Garden, Coventry, Crawley, Croydon, Cwmbran, Derby, Derry, Doncaster, Drogheda, Dublin Grafton Street, Dumfries, Dundee, Dundrum, Durham, Eastbourne, Edinburgh Fort Kinnaird, Edinburgh Gyle Centre, Edinburgh Ocean Terminal, Edinburgh Princes St, Enfield, Exeter Princesshay, Gateshead, Glasgow Argyle, Glasgow Buchanan St, Glasgow Fort, Glasgow Sauchiehall, Glasgow Silverburn, Guernsey, Hanley, Harlow, Hartlepool, Hereford, High Wycombe, Inverness, Ipswich, Isle Of Wight, Islington, Jersey, Kirkcaldy, Leeds Headrow, Leeds White Rose, Leicester, Lincoln, Liverpool One, Livingston, Llanelli, Maidstone Resite, Manchester 90 Mkt St, Manchester Trafford, Mansfield, Merry Hill, Milton Keynes, Newbury, Newcastle, Newry, Norwich, Nottingham Listergate, Nottingham Wheelergate, Orpington, Oxford, Oxford Circus, Oxford St 360, Perth, Peterborough, Plymouth George St, Portsmouth, Preston, Reading Friar St, Reading Oracle, Richmond, Romford, Rotherham, Salisbury, Scarborough, Sheffield High St, Sheffield Meadowhall, Shrewsbury, Southampton, Southend Victoria, Speke Park, St Albans, Stevenage, Stirling, Stockport, Stockton On Tees, Stratford, Stratford Upon Avon, Sunderland, Swansea, Swindon, Taunton, Teesside, Telford Resite, Thurrock, Torquay, Trocadero, Truro, Wakefield, Wandsworth, Welwyn Garden City, Wimbledon, Winchester, Windsor, Wood Green, Workington, Wrexham, Yeovil, York. *Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 available from participating stores from 00.01am on Tuesday 10th November. Title, price and offer subject to availability whilst stocks last, prices online may vary.

who is this? HMV

apcody;6794077

who is this? HMV

Yupp, thats HMV. Quick copy and paste of the first sentence into google shows its came from HMV

lol sorry folks YES its HMV.

I hope they all have cheap deals and open at midnight, dont wanna be a dork standing in a massive queue at midnight

Hope ASDA manage my preorder of MW2 better than they did of PES2010, they didn't get their stock til nearly 4pm on release day, 10 hours after I first went in

Still no confirmed prices, unless I missed an earlier post?

My son is after this..

can you pre order it from Sainsbury's or Asda ??

Which is best ?
    Thanks

Just spoke to my local Asda who confirmed they are having a 00:01 sale on tues morning, No price until relase time.

Thanks

Original Poster

tickneb;6799562

Just spoke to my local Asda who confirmed they are having a 00:01 sale on … Just spoke to my local Asda who confirmed they are having a 00:01 sale on tues morning, No price until relase time.Thanks

+1

I spoke to a local sainsbury's as soon as the price is released, they'll call me..

woo mw2
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99

See more discussions