Asian Clothing @ Asda

Banned 25
Found 14th Sep 2009
The launch of the George range, which Asda claims is the first of its kind available on the high street, is in response to demand from customers for authentic cultural clothing at affordable prices and Asda claim the range will substantial undercut traditional suppliers.

The 13 piece collection includes sequin and embellished Salwar Kameez traditional suits, Kurtas tunics, Dapata scarves and Churidar slim leg trousers. It has been designed in conjunction with a team in India and made with authentic Indian material.

Prices start from £7, with a complete suit for £26.

Asda says that typically independent retailers would charge up to £60 for similar suits.

The collection was designed with input from a panel of Asda customers. The clothing is not aimed solely at Asian shoppers and Asda says the styles are suitable for all cultures. The company is expecting to see a high demand from customers in anticipation of the Eid Islamic holiday.

Asda's parent company Wal-Mart, launched a Bollywood inspired collection in Canada earlier this year with a positive response from customers.

1. Misc
  2. Clothes
25 Comments

Cold sorry, no 'deal' here, just news of a new range.

Asda don't miss a trick do they? To be followed by every other supermarket I suppose.

am i the only one who thinks its wrong, im not against other races but this country is in western europe, not asia!

*roosterpots*;6288318

am i the only one who thinks its wrong, im not against other races but … am i the only one who thinks its wrong, im not against other races but this country is in western europe, not asia!

lol, im not gona even say anything.

This means less space on the racks for "western" style clothing for you to choose from.

I really cant see the point in all of this as it is just as likely to annoy a certain group of shoppers.

But I suppose if its ok to buy asian food like we all do, whats wrong with asian clothing ?

D.

If the qualitys good, they should recieve a good income from this.

*roosterpots*;6288318

am i the only one who thinks its wrong, im not against other races but … am i the only one who thinks its wrong, im not against other races but this country is in western europe, not asia!

You are absolutely correct. They are taking valuable shelf-space from all the stripey jumpers, berets, lederhosen and clogs.

jah128;6288394

You are absolutely correct. They are taking valuable shelf-space from … You are absolutely correct. They are taking valuable shelf-space from all the stripey jumpers, berets, lederhosen and clogs.

lol :thumbsup:

*roosterpots*;6288318

say bye bye to curry then...!!

Banned

*roosterpots*;6288318

so they should woalk round naked :w00t:

andysjones;6287895

Cold sorry, no 'deal' here, just news of a new range.

But a good heads up for people who maybe weren't aware of this

*roosterpots*;6288411

oooh it would be so much fun to buy lederhosen

would that be the bradford branch?:thumbsup:

I was going to post this yesterday. there is a website i found

[url]www.internationalsupermarketnews.com[/url] :thumbsup:

It must be hard for Asian people who like to wear the traditonal cloths to get clothes, i think they have to make their own or go to some special shop.

They should add more short legged trousers for short people like me. thanks please Mr Asda! :oops:

sassie;6288523

so they should woalk round naked :w00t:

NO DEFINITELY NOT !, they should just be more western and change to our culture and clothing.

*roosterpots*;6288318

AGREED

Banned

james_lfc;6309729

NO DEFINITELY NOT !, they should just be more western and change to our … NO DEFINITELY NOT !, they should just be more western and change to our culture and clothing.

i cant see how what you wear depicts your culture, more your fashion, i wear jeans what culture does thake me, if i decide to try a sahari (head gone, cant think what they called) does that make my culture different

sassie;6309950

i cant see how what you wear depicts your culture, more your fashion, i … i cant see how what you wear depicts your culture, more your fashion, i wear jeans what culture does thake me, if i decide to try a sahari (head gone, cant think what they called) does that make my culture different

Thats why i said our culture... AND CLOTHING. By clothing i mean clothing which is most commonly worn and sold in western europe.

I understand by saying culture i went a little off topic but still.

leedsladdie;6289248

would that be the bradford branch?:thumbsup:

And any branch in Birmingham

edit: Just looked at list, and I'm not far wrong lol

ALTHOUGH - I think they have missed a trick by not including one of the Coventry stores

and BTW - I've lived in the Midlands all my life and have grown up and worked in multicultural places, so no racism from me, am having a joke at Asda's expense, so i suppose I should be 'supermarketist' lol

Polly_P;6297519

It must be hard for Asian people who like to wear the traditonal cloths … It must be hard for Asian people who like to wear the traditonal cloths to get clothes, i think they have to make their own or go to some special shop.

Your right most make their own or have to go a special clothes shop to buy, the clothes are usually tailored to fit as well

Personally I really like asian clothing, elegant and sexy at the same time :thumbsup:

james_lfc;6309729

NO DEFINITELY NOT !, they should just be more western and change to our … NO DEFINITELY NOT !, they should just be more western and change to our culture and clothing.

Yeah, they should really just wear shell suits and get drunk claiming benefits, great culture we have here in the UK

Cant believe people can still think 'our culture' - you do realise western civilisation is a massive hotpotch of cultures and what we have now is not 'English' but a cross breed of all sorts

Western culture is also all about profit - so fair play to Asda for seeing an opportunity - cant get more western than that

richardcotton;6310162

Yeah, they should really just wear shell suits and get drunk claiming … Yeah, they should really just wear shell suits and get drunk claiming benefits, great culture we have here in the UKCant believe people can still think 'our culture' - you do realise western civilisation is a massive hotpotch of cultures and what we have now is not 'English' but a cross breed of all sortsWestern culture is also all about profit - so fair play to Asda for seeing an opportunity - cant get more western than that

I mean lets just stay as England and not change to suit others, but its too late for that anyway now, and yeah asda have seen the light here

*roosterpots*;6288411

+1

Original Poster Banned

Some of them have been reduced today at the Dewsbury & Bradford stores in Yorkshire today.

() ”’*()
(….’o’.)
Hmm…..

() “‘* ()
(.’o'….)
Where are you?

()*”’ ()
(……..)
where?

() ””*()
(.’o-…).”)
Ah..! There u r…