ASIAN SIZE TO UK CONVERSION HELP

Found 28th Jul
Hi

I'm trying to buy some trousers and shirts on AliExpress but having difficulty in knowing the correct Asian size compared to UK sizes... tried googling but just got really confused:(

If anyone can help me with knowing correct Asian size for dimensions below ...

Trousers: Waist is 42-44 inches
For shirt Neck is 19.5 inches.
Height 5ft9

I think I need 4xl asian size on trousers and 3XL on shirts on Ali Express but unsure. Are these sizes correct? I tried contacting vendors but no reply after a few days.

Is there anyone that can help me with the sizing please?
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
it's a total gamble. I'm M but have some stuff thats 3XL
Can't you buy clothes from the UK, so in the unlikelihood they don't fit properly you can return them.
RiverDragon836 m ago

Can't you buy clothes from the UK, so in the unlikelihood they don't fit …Can't you buy clothes from the UK, so in the unlikelihood they don't fit properly you can return them.

Ali express is way cheaper for some clothes
Normal you go to sizes up. So I’m a UK medium and would normally order XL and seem ok most of the time. Can you not use the size chart they provide and use a tape on your current clothes to compare?
I'm pretty sure there isn't any pan-Asian standard. I know when I was looking at Indian stuff earlier this year they were nowhere near this different.

Presumably on Aliexpress you're looking at Chinese sellers?
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 28th Jul
hethekid9 m ago

What's OP going to do if the clothes don't fit properly? Send them back? I'm in between sizes so I would never buy from aliexpress just to save a few quid. There's loads of cheap clothes you can buy in the UK (easy returns).
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 28th Jul
The size of your waist, neck and height would indicate you’re obese if not morbidly so. I’d recommend walking to the shops if only for the excercise.
Why not email the company and ask? I'm all for a bargain but going cheap on clothing is something I wouldn't do.
Asian clothes tend to have much narrower legs and arms, they are also much shorter in length no matter what size you buy they are unlikely to fit unless your Asian or someone who goes there and understands it. Buy them in the uk, you’ll get hit with duty anyway so it’ll end up costing the same!!!!
Asian as in Chinese? Honestly? Go about 4-5 sizes up. And still hope! If Indian sub continent... Then I don't know.
Edited by: "Gollywood" 28th Jul
RiverDragon82 h, 59 m ago

Can't you buy clothes from the UK, so in the unlikelihood they don't fit …Can't you buy clothes from the UK, so in the unlikelihood they don't fit properly you can return them.

hethekid2 h, 23 m ago

"Buy cheap, buy twice"... especially if you initially order an incorrect size.
"...I tried contacting vendors but no reply after a few days..."

Snakeyes6462 h, 5 m ago

Why not email the company and ask? I'm all for a bargain but going cheap …Why not email the company and ask? I'm all for a bargain but going cheap on clothing is something I wouldn't do.

Err.
Best to try stuff on then order blindly on the internet from Asian stores especially if you're size 42 in Trousers!?
BadMF3 h, 23 m ago

The size of your waist, neck and height would indicate you’re obese if not …The size of your waist, neck and height would indicate you’re obese if not morbidly so. I’d recommend walking to the shops if only for the excercise.

What can I say ... I love my fast food ... joking aside I managed to get one response asking for weight? The benefit of Aliexpress is cost ... It seems a common thing on size charts that they ask for weight ... its very different ... I guess as stated asian sizes are going to be hit and miss ... better have a baggy set of trousers that a tight fit
Edited by: "krazyasif786" 28th Jul
Do you not have a Big and Tall shop in your area? Prices aren’t shockingly large..
fanpages2 h, 33 m ago

"...I tried contacting vendors but no reply after a few days..."Err.

Err yourself. Never seen the word "vendors" associated with "contact us help"
Snakeyes6461 h, 9 m ago

Err yourself. Never seen the word "vendors" associated with "contact us …Err yourself. Never seen the word "vendors" associated with "contact us help"

You haven't seen it here either.
fanpages24 m ago

You haven't seen it here either.

Very good.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants