Expired

Ask for tap water

Found 19th Feb
Hi

Just wondering, if i go to an all you can eat Chinese buffet would then give me tap water for free? 🙈🤔
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Supermod
Do they serve alcohol? If so it would be a term of their alcohol license that free tap water is provided on request when it is reasonably available.

As above. Anywhere I've ever eaten out has always had free tap water
Original Poster
magicjay19863 m ago

Do they serve alcohol? If so it would be a term of their alcohol license …Do they serve alcohol? If so it would be a term of their alcohol license that free tap water is provided on request when it is reasonably available.

Good point!

Usually i would just get a coke but i don’t like the non fizzy coke in this particular place but i dont fancy paying £3 for a glass of water either lol
Edited by: "SteMoss" 19th Feb
I've been to a few where the menu stipulates a drink needs to be purchased along with the buffet, might be good to keep an eye out just in case
SteMoss3 m ago

Good point! Usually i would just get a coke but i don’t like the non fizzy …Good point! Usually i would just get a coke but i don’t like the non fizzy coke in this particular place but i dont fancy paying £3 for a glass of water either lol

I agree, I am a tight arse but in all serious when I go out drink wise I normally just order soda and lime, I don't like drinking fizzy pop because not a big fan and too much sugar and paying 3£ naa thanks, and paying 2.50£ for a bottle of water also no thanks if it was reasonable like 1.50£ i'll pay for water,
They will probably charge you a £1 service charge for using their glass/services. That is what the Chinese buffet restaurant near one of my old work places used to do.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 19th Feb
SUMMONER3 m ago

They will probably charge you a £1 service charge for using their …They will probably charge you a £1 service charge for using their glass/services. That is what the Chinese buffet restaurant near one of my old work places used to do.

So there you have it, take your own glass and fill it up in the bog.

Sorted.
Original Poster
SUMMONER19 m ago

They will probably charge you a £1 service charge for using their …They will probably charge you a £1 service charge for using their glass/services. That is what the Chinese buffet restaurant near one of my old work places used to do.

I wouldn’t mind paying a £1 for service tbh
Shengis23 m ago

So there you have it, take your own glass and fill it up in the bog.Sorted.

and the customer should also not forget to consider obtaining their own liability insurance to cover potential water spillages ruining the adjacent diner's overpriced counterfeit designer bag and / or cuts from glass breakages (latter minimised by taking plastic cup into bog). Sorted better.
Shengis1 h, 25 m ago

So there you have it, take your own glass and fill it up in the bog.Sorted.

33291101-ClNNk.jpg
You would have to ask that particular establishment. It is at their discretion
You wouldn't be the first to ask them so just do it.
I always get free water in Pakistani restaurant
Misslovely12 m ago

I always get free water in Pakistani restaurant

Is pakistani restraunt pretty much the same as indian? Curious as ive never seen one
123batman32155 m ago

Is pakistani restraunt pretty much the same as indian? Curious as ive …Is pakistani restraunt pretty much the same as indian? Curious as ive never seen one

They are evidently so closely related to Chinese people for that comment to be warranted I don't see why not.
Lol i have cooked some pakistani food from online recipes it tends to be spicier which i like but it was a genuine question. We only have indian restaurants in my area but id love to try a proper pakistani restaurant
123batman3213 h, 15 m ago

Is pakistani restraunt pretty much the same as indian? Curious as ive …Is pakistani restraunt pretty much the same as indian? Curious as ive never seen one

Hi yes its the same food but owned by Pakistanis. So say when you go to a Bengali restaurant you wouldn't call that a indian. They use the term Bengul food or something.
Yes the food is same/similar i know, but i call it by the owners leadership.
Misslovely22 h, 3 m ago

Hi yes its the same food but owned by Pakistanis. So say when you go to a …Hi yes its the same food but owned by Pakistanis. So say when you go to a Bengali restaurant you wouldn't call that a indian. They use the term Bengul food or something.Yes the food is same/similar i know, but i call it by the owners leadership.

Ah i see. My friend has an indian restaurant but is bengali but just calls his indian. Ive had some of the food they cook for themselves at the end of the night and its really amazin but he reckons it woukdnt sell well as were so used to massala etc
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions