Asked a lot but... Nintendo Switch

Posted 20th Dec 2019
Sorry to ask a question which has been asked before. I am after a Nintendo switch for the kids for Christmas. Ideally I would like it before Christmas and with Mario kart.

Anyone know the best price to get this in time? Or would it be really beneficial to buy after Christmas, maybe boxing day?

Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Reastically it will go down maybe £10-20 or even like £30 at most. In my opinion it’s not worth it. I think the priceless face of your kids opening it will be worth it Over a £20 saving.
22 Comments
buy it after, with 4/5 days to go till sales seems foolish to not just wait at this point
Felicitous20/12/2019 08:57

buy it after, with 4/5 days to go till sales seems foolish to not just …buy it after, with 4/5 days to go till sales seems foolish to not just wait at this point

It is just a risk whether the price will reduce and availability will be there after Christmas
How much do you think you will save, even if they do go down? Will it be enough to make up for your kids' disappointment on Christmas morning (that's if they are expecting one)?
deeky20/12/2019 09:53

How much do you think you will save, even if they do go down? Will it be …How much do you think you will save, even if they do go down? Will it be enough to make up for your kids' disappointment on Christmas morning (that's if they are expecting one)?

This is what I am thinking. Would much rather get them one before. Just want to find the best value to get one from, with a game aswell
allsa00120/12/2019 09:54

This is what I am thinking. Would much rather get them one before. Just …This is what I am thinking. Would much rather get them one before. Just want to find the best value to get one from, with a game aswell

Dunno if this might help...
allsa00120/12/2019 09:47

It is just a risk whether the price will reduce and availability will be …It is just a risk whether the price will reduce and availability will be there after Christmas

price isn't very reduced now at all, it's available now I don't know why it wouldb't be after
Reastically it will go down maybe £10-20 or even like £30 at most. In my opinion it’s not worth it. I think the priceless face of your kids opening it will be worth it Over a £20 saving.
Best price will be £279 with mario kart. Argos currently selling at this price but you will need to check stores around where you live
stefos8920/12/2019 10:19

Best price will be £279 with mario kart. Argos currently selling at this …Best price will be £279 with mario kart. Argos currently selling at this price but you will need to check stores around where you live

That was the best I could find, and very happy with that price. But none in stock near me
stefos8920/12/2019 10:19

Best price will be £279 with mario kart. Argos currently selling at this …Best price will be £279 with mario kart. Argos currently selling at this price but you will need to check stores around where you live

In fact I can't find it at that price on the argos site, the one at that price I don't think has Mario kart. Unless I am wrong. If so please could you send me the link?
allsa00120/12/2019 10:37

In fact I can't find it at that price on the argos site, the one at that …In fact I can't find it at that price on the argos site, the one at that price I don't think has Mario kart. Unless I am wrong. If so please could you send me the link?

Sorry it's actually Argos ebay. Click and collect though. Not much stock but there's some

39447123-XTjCA.jpg

In fact I can't find it at that price on the argos site, the one at that …In fact I can't find it at that price on the argos site, the one at that price I don't think has Mario kart. Unless I am wrong. If so please could you send me the link?

Have you tried Currys? they have the Switch Lite for £220 with Mario Kart.

rover.ebay.com/rov…276
stefos8920/12/2019 10:41

Sorry it's actually Argos ebay. Click and collect though. Not much stock …Sorry it's actually Argos ebay. Click and collect though. Not much stock but there's some[Image]

Doesn't seem to be any stock near me. I don't actually mind travelling around London. So I'll try to wooden my search at lunch.
Gormond20/12/2019 10:43

Have you tried Currys? they have the Switch Lite for £220 with Mario Kart.

The problem is I have 2 kids who the present is for. Hoping my third can also use it aswell. But it is a joint present for my eldest 2 (9 and 7 years old). So if I get a switch lite, it's like I will need to buy them one each.
allsa00120/12/2019 10:47

The problem is I have 2 kids who the present is for. Hoping my third can …The problem is I have 2 kids who the present is for. Hoping my third can also use it aswell. But it is a joint present for my eldest 2 (9 and 7 years old). So if I get a switch lite, it's like I will need to buy them one each.

Valid point, In which case I recommend getting an extra controller as using the joy-cons individually aint great.
100% get one for them to open up on Christmas
I couldn’t imagine telling my kids that Santa hasn’t delivered their presents yet (on Christmas Day)... If it is presents for other family I see after Christmas anyway, then that is fine.
Yeah definitely buy it now, ruining their Xmas isn't worth any saving. Where do you live there is one available from eBay argos, collect from Shropshire Oswestry, you won't get cheaper than 279.99
Edited by: "jez794" 20th Dec 2019
jez79420/12/2019 15:00

Yeah definitely buy it now, ruining their Xmas isn't worth any saving. …Yeah definitely buy it now, ruining their Xmas isn't worth any saving. Where do you live there is one available from eBay argos, collect from Shropshire Oswestry, you won't get cheaper than 279.99

It was more due to the availability. Instead I was going to get them a few ps4 games for the day, and the switch shortly after. But would much rather get the switch for the day.

I live in London, and happy to travel anywhere in London.
allsa00120/12/2019 15:15

It was more due to the availability. Instead I was going to get them a few …It was more due to the availability. Instead I was going to get them a few ps4 games for the day, and the switch shortly after. But would much rather get the switch for the day. I live in London, and happy to travel anywhere in London.

Looks like currys your only option that has stock around London
jez79420/12/2019 15:57

Looks like currys your only option that has stock around London

I think this is my best option. So you know if curry's sell the newer version with improved battery life?!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions