Asking for opinions - Gameseek

Found 20th May 2017
I was just looking for a game on google and ended up being directed on Gameseek. It was a long time since I didn't visit their site and noticed the layout has completely changed. It appeared they are now clear about their stock level. They have now marked everything clearly (so far that I looked).

"In Stock
The item is on hand in at least one fulfilment centre and is expected to be prepared for shipment within a few hours to a few days (depending on the shipping option you choose).

In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process
The item is available in at least one fulfilment centre and is expected to be prepared for shipment within a day to a few days.

Usually ships in X-Y days
The item will be ordered from a nearby distributor and is expected to be prepared for shipment within that amount of days of your order.

Available for Pre-Order
The latest release date information provided for the item will be on its product detail page. It will be shipped to you for the release date.

Temporarily Out of Stock
This item is currently not in stock but it is available for ordering. An e-mail will be sent to you with the expected delivery date as soon as that information is available from our suppliers.

Currently Unavailable
This item is currently not available for ordering, and it may not be in stock again."

By that they are clearly stating some of the stuff they are selling are virtual stock, which is a good sign! I do wish to ask for your recent opinions with them, have you experienced any recent changes in their customer service too? Are they a better retailer now in compare with a year ago? (Please ignore that Switch deal fullfilment, we all know that was mainly for the media) but aside from that any bad experience recently with them? I am asking as I am curious to know. Besides, if they are a good retailer, maybe we can request them back again?
Community Updates
17 Comments
They have been awful in my eyes. Ordered something last Friday and paid extra for quicker delivery, still waiting and they arent replying on social media or my emails.
Original Poster
sharpedges12

They have been awful in my eyes. Ordered something last Friday and paid … They have been awful in my eyes. Ordered something last Friday and paid extra for quicker delivery, still waiting and they arent replying on social media or my emails.

Good to know. I was hoping this is change of attitude from them but seems just change of skin...
Dont want to make this harder for you, but I ordered with them about a week ago and cant fault them.
NuMatic

Dont want to make this harder for you, but I ordered with them about a … Dont want to make this harder for you, but I ordered with them about a week ago and cant fault them.

​same here ordered mario maker. service was brilliant. Could not fault them. However I don't know what customer service is like.
Original Poster
NuMatic

Dont want to make this harder for you, but I ordered with them about a … Dont want to make this harder for you, but I ordered with them about a week ago and cant fault them.

Lets see if more people join to comment. They're currently banned but it won't hurt if have them back in case if they've changed policy.
I've ordered thumb stick covers off them a couple times, they have been fine both times. In fairness they were only 99p delivered so it was worth the risk for me. If it came to ordering games I don't think I'd use them, I'll stick with Gamecollection, amazon and another one (can't think of the name lol)
INDUSTRYHATER

I've ordered thumb stick covers off them a couple times, they have been … I've ordered thumb stick covers off them a couple times, they have been fine both times. In fairness they were only 99p delivered so it was worth the risk for me. If it came to ordering games I don't think I'd use them, I'll stick with Gamecollection, amazon and another one (can't think of the name lol)

Simply games were the 3rd retailer
To be honest I've never had any problem with any of the companies mentioned in this thread, I've also never had a problem with Base but a slight gripe with shopto. However gamecollection and Amazon are my favs (Y)
I ordered twice from them and none of the orders arrived to Slovenia. Maybe it was just bad luck. Their support was very slow and took at least one day to respond. I got refunded after numerous e-mails back and forth but I will never order from them again. My favorite are Amazon, TheGameCollection and ShopTo - in this order.
Also watch out for older titles not being sealed but listed NEW. I ordered metar gear snake eater on the ps2 .Game do this aswell
nevah01

Also watch out for older titles not being sealed but listed NEW. I … Also watch out for older titles not being sealed but listed NEW. I ordered metar gear snake eater on the ps2 .Game do this aswell

​Game do it too often, when I mentioned it on here once some people got offended by it, I've since stopped using Game at all for 'new' items. Never had a issue with Gameseek, but then also haven't used them for over a year, Amazon or Base, Simply games and The Game collection, even shopto will do for me.
Edited by: "Pacman786" 21st May 2017
Like you, thought I'd give them another chance and ordered some stuff. Orders got cancelled because they had no stock, yet they still had listings on both eBay and their site showing stock. Awful, awful retailer.
Original Poster
Skullpanda

Like you, thought I'd give them another chance and ordered some stuff. … Like you, thought I'd give them another chance and ordered some stuff. Orders got cancelled because they had no stock, yet they still had listings on both eBay and their site showing stock. Awful, awful retailer.

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated and obviously saving others and myself time. Anyway, meanwhile I tried to log into my old account to have a look at the layout of their new site but noticed I am banned there, haha. X)
I ordered Odin Sphere Leifthrasir Story Book Edition and it took a week to get dispatched. Wasn't overly impressed, but the price was good.
I won't use them again, ordered something in stock and delivered in 3-5 days, took almost 3 weeks and the cs was worse than useless.
They will never change. You can put lipstick on a pig...
Original Poster
Spidersmudge

They will never change. You can put lipstick on a pig...

Guess that's the case with them...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions