Groups

Asking for time off work...

Well, it's pretty quiet here! Inafct barely any of us have any appointments scheduled in for the week.

To be honest I'd like to take the week off, sort some stuff out, actually i'd like to take the time to find a different job...

I know the boss would like to save some money (i'd take the week off without pay)... But how to put this without getting fired?

Lol.

Any ideas?

14 Comments

just say you have some personal business to sort out , good luck x x

family issues?

Original Poster

I should add I'm a terrible liar.. Would it be bad if I was just honest? I know we're haemorraging money atm so I think he'd go for it (small business, only employs 4 ppl).

surely annual leave counts as holidays? unless you've used them all up?

thing he, is might take that as permission to give you unpaid time off until things pick up. I'd lie, say you have a problem at home or something.

He would probably welcome not having to pay you a week's wages - it's worth a go! This recession is terrible for alot of people. Good luck with the job hunting.:)

You actually know what to say to him.

You need a week's unpaid leave to carry out some personal business (true, you just don't need to tell him the nature of the business)

No need to lie, just do it, he'll probably jump at the chance.

It might be a good idea to wait until you have had time to produce a good CV and set a few things up, interviews, etc, so that you make best use of your week

Best of luck :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Disco;4188770

surely annual leave counts as holidays? unless you've used them all up?

haven't used it up, but should really give more notice..

youre kidding, you should be relishing quiet times at work!! paid for nowt! seriously tho if you point out that your not really needed and could easy be let have some time off unpaid without disruption to the business......then what about next time its quiet and he asks you to do the same again to save some cash and you dont want to

Get the flu. :-D

Original Poster

kungfu;4188933

youre kidding, you should be relishing quiet times at work!! paid for … youre kidding, you should be relishing quiet times at work!! paid for nowt! seriously tho if you point out that your not really needed and could easy be let have some time off unpaid without disruption to the business......then what about next time its quiet and he asks you to do the same again to save some cash and you dont want to

Yeah, exactly! That's the problem here!

Man I hate my job though. Faaaaaaaaaaaack.

I think you should just sit down with him and say you realise how quite things are here so would it be ok for you to take the week off as you have a lot of personal business to take care of, like folk have said, no need to tell him what! Then just say you don't mind taking it unpaid as you realise how much short notice it is!

Good luck

Original Poster

ohhhhh yeaaaah, guess who's now at home with the week off?

baconsandwich;4190083

ohhhhh yeaaaah, guess who's now at home with the week off?

Enjoy it :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. totalev.com comp - win an electric car1919
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains44
      3. Jazz apple slicer for the price of a stamp22
      4. Win a Karcher Xpert Pressure Washer66

See more discussions