Expired

Asrock Z77 PRO4-M Fan control

4 replies
Found 15th Jul 2014
Hey all, I was just wondering if any of you had this motherboard and could offer some advice.

I've just built a new system with this as the main board, in a Silverstone Temjin tj08-e case. At the moment the only fans I have in there are the built-in 180mm 'air penetrator' intake, and a hyper evp 212 over the cpu. My problem is that I cannot control these fans.

The 4 pin cpu fan is connected to CPUFAN01 on the motherboard, while the 3 pin case fan is connected to Chassis fan 01. Both are seen by the Bios, yet when I choose manual mode, and take them down to a lower rpm setting, nothing happens; they continue to spin at normal speeds.
The same thing happens when I try to use 'Asrock extreme tuner' and even Speedfan. They can all see both fans, they let me choose different settings, however, nothing I choose seems to be able to effect the fans in any way. Any help in lowering the fan speeds would be greatly appreciated.

4 Comments

update bios ?

Could you try a different fan with the header and make sure it's not just a faulty fan connector?

If the case fans are only 3 pin you can't control them without a serperate controller. The motherboard control is by the pwm method and requires 4 pin fans.

Original Poster

Thanks for the advice guys, it turned out to be the Bios that needed updating!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Urgent help needed with travel agent55
    2. Submit Mobile Deals from Comparison sites22
    3. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!33
    4. Recover WIN 10 on HP Laptop33

See more discussions