Assassins Creed Odyssey thoughts

Found 12th Jun
So what's everyone's thoughts on the new Assassins Creed game?

Personally I'm a bit annoyed. Really hoped they would of learned from the success of Origins and had a two year gap between the two games.

My biggest gripe is that Ubisoft stated they were going to concentrate on releasing further DLC for Origins. Looks very unlikely now with a new release in four months time. I 100% completed Origins after the latest DLC came out and I have only kept it as I was expecting more. Could of sold it ages ago instead of it collecting dust on the shelf.

Anyway, rant over lol. What's everyone's thoughts on them reverting back to the annual release?
Community Updates
Misc
15 Comments
A bit quick, is it the same studio working on it. I loved origins and you could tell a lot of love and time went into it however this coming so soon is worrying.
Loved AC-O but this is rushed looks exactly like AC-O reskined and same assets
Justsuperman14 m ago

Loved AC-O but this is rushed looks exactly like AC-O reskined and same …Loved AC-O but this is rushed looks exactly like AC-O reskined and same assets

My thoughts too. Only differences at the moment are the choices during speech dialogue and having two characters to choose from. But yeah everything else looks like Origins.
Different devs, same ones that made Syndicate so that gives you an indication of how long they have been working on it.
Personally I thought it looked pretty good but it is quite easy to get AC overload when it is a yearly cycle and I think it should be every other year so will be waiting on this.
Meh. Not a fan of the setting but I'll still get it when it's cheap
They’ve been working on it for 3 years apparently. I’m disappointed it feels less like an AC game now, where’s the hidden blade and hood?
I loved AC1, AC2, AC3 and ACR.
The recent crap they produce is far away from the AC standards. To think, Ubi canned Prince of Persia for this series also makes my blood boil
Justsuperman5 h, 49 m ago

Loved AC-O but this is rushed looks exactly like AC-O reskined and same …Loved AC-O but this is rushed looks exactly like AC-O reskined and same assets

This is exactly what I thought
Looka good to me. Will pick it up at some point.
Personally I'd rather they release a game and then not bother with DLC and work on the next game.

I haven't used DLC since Alan Wake came with a free level
Zero interest in add-ons and what not, just want to play a game from start to finish then move on to the next one.
Satan_Claws2 h, 6 m ago

Personally I'd rather they release a game and then not bother with DLC and …Personally I'd rather they release a game and then not bother with DLC and work on the next game.I haven't used DLC since Alan Wake came with a free level Zero interest in add-ons and what not, just want to play a game from start to finish then move on to the next one.

This! Just like the good old days. Buy a game and that's it no more expense! Buy it, complete it, and move on :-)
Satan_Claws5 h, 5 m ago

Personally I'd rather they release a game and then not bother with DLC and …Personally I'd rather they release a game and then not bother with DLC and work on the next game.I haven't used DLC since Alan Wake came with a free level Zero interest in add-ons and what not, just want to play a game from start to finish then move on to the next one.

Yeah I know what your saying. I don't buy much DLC but I do enjoy it for Assassin's Creed games.
I like the setting, but I don't like that it's an Assassin's Creed game.

New IP please, less 'flowing' gameplay, hop, skip and jump over everything.. Same old animations, the games just always look janky.
Looks awesome, they took time off to reavaluate the game and what direction to take it... odessey looks like a carbon copy of origins but with a spartan makeover and thats fine with me.
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 13th Jun
talset3 h, 22 m ago

This! Just like the good old days. Buy a game and that's it no more …This! Just like the good old days. Buy a game and that's it no more expense! Buy it, complete it, and move on :-)

Its nice to get more levels/quests for games you enjoy surely? Like witcher 3 and hzd. Dlc that's actually real dlc and not already on the disc behind a paywall
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants