Assistance Required Deciphering Blue Screen Death & Event Viewer

6 replies
Found 4th Jun 2011
OK my PC keeps crashing with the blue screen if death, and it goes too quickly for me to make note of any of the info??

I've seen that the C captures some key info in the Event Viewer. So I have the Event Viewer up in my PC and I can see lots of errors with today's timestamps of when it did crash.

But what do I need to look at specifically to try and see where the issue may lie??

Any help most gratefully received please!!

6 Comments

Original Poster

I've noticed that the errors seem to be in batches of 3 and these 3 are (i've added the time at the beginning of each one):

[20:56:45] Faulting application SR_Service.exe, version 63.0.0.44, time stamp 0x4655316e, faulting module cpopenssl.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bdc9, exception code 0xc0000135, fault offset 0x00008fc7, process id 0xe58, application start time 0x01cc22f18770518f.

[20:56:41] Faulting application SR_GUI.Exe, version 63.0.0.44, time stamp 0x4655329e, faulting module cpopenssl.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bdc9, exception code 0xc0000135, fault offset 0x00008fc7, process id 0xc24, application start time 0x01cc22f18547e36f.

[20:56:33] Faulting application SR_Service.exe, version 63.0.0.44, time stamp 0x4655316e, faulting module cpopenssl.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp 0x4549bdc9, exception code 0xc0000135, fault offset 0x00008fc7, process id 0xaf4, application start time 0x01cc22f180f9ac9b.

Do these mean anything to anyone please???

Obvious questions to ask and I am sure other's might.
What version of Windows, have you added any new hardware, installed any new software, removed hardware, software, all updates been added, is your anti-virus upto date etc.
Sorry for the list but it might help someone,

use a camera take a pic thats what i did.did you add any hardware recently,done any updates anything that might have caused it?

try booting up with recovery disc and do a repair. do a chkdsk first then fixboot. Thinkingcould be a bug, just after fixing two laptops this weekend with same problem.Got laptops to boot in save mode run malware the spybot (updated them first) fixed

Original Poster

boydent999

Obvious questions to ask and I am sure other's might.What version of … Obvious questions to ask and I am sure other's might.What version of Windows, have you added any new hardware, installed any new software, removed hardware, software, all updates been added, is your anti-virus upto date etc.Sorry for the list but it might help someone,

nightstud

use a camera take a pic thats what i did.did you add any hardware … use a camera take a pic thats what i did.did you add any hardware recently,done any updates anything that might have caused it?

Sorry - ive been googling!! Windows Vista and no new hardware of software added recently.

I've googled the above "faulting application" and i use checkpoint VPN for work, so i think i'll call give my IT colleagues a shout to see if they can look at. I've also looked through various older errors in my event viewer and they are pretty much all the same as the 3 above. Mmmmmmmmmm

Thanks guys!!

Original Poster

dougle34

try booting up with recovery disc and do a repair. do a chkdsk first … try booting up with recovery disc and do a repair. do a chkdsk first then fixboot. Thinkingcould be a bug, just after fixing two laptops this weekend with same problem.Got laptops to boot in save mode run malware the spybot (updated them first) fixed

Cheers - you know when you buy a PC and it always tells you to create the recovery disc first..........yeah i know i should have done it but i never did DOH!! I'm going to ask my IT guys as virtually all the errors are SR_Service.exe which i believe is due to my VPN
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48810995
    2. Did you know?3157
    3. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games67
    4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247661

See more discussions