Found 3rd Oct 2009
can we assume that we are using a deals site to find cheapest prices that we financially not that well of etc?

discuss

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
37 Comments

Whot?

Banned

I earn enough to support my needs and desires, I don't live on benefits. Plus I'm really tight fisted but I do give to charity quite a bit.

nope...some of the wealthiest people I know are the tightest.....I think thats why theyre so wealthy :whistling: lol

starsparkle2311;6474186

wtf you talking about? Deals? Eh? What?

+1 :?

this is a glorifyed chatroom

I disagree. Even though I fall into that category of being poor, as I am a student; no one likes to be ripped off.
Why would anyone not want to save some money regardless of their financial situation?
It's a no brainer.

tinkerbell28;6474203

Nope I am quite well I suppose very financially well off, I like spending … Nope I am quite well I suppose very financially well off, I like spending and have 3 kids to spoil and lots of expenses, plus I am quite tight (financially ofc) so love HUKD :-D

lol....:thumbsup:

borolad94;6474210

+1 :?this is a glorifyed chatroom

not so glorified lol xx

Certainly not. A certain BG1 earned £300k after tax this last working year! Yes, really!

Carley;6474233

see post 8 /\

You're not suggesting young Gerby was telling porkies, surely?

Here's the evidence

black gerbil1;6473885

thanks brah. :thumbsup:i googled and some Jefferson Airplane come upim … thanks brah. :thumbsup:i googled and some Jefferson Airplane come upim actually more then a bit rich, quite wealthy 300k after tax I earned this working year.

Original Poster

what i mean is that since we are using a deals site to find things at the cheapest possible price, are we financially not that well off
i mean for example if u really was earning a smashing wage would u really spend ages to find a product £1 cheaper when u would just pay the extra without thinking twice
discuss

Well i am poor

but my boyfriend is pretty well off

I dont work but am a house wife but nothing is in my name including bank accounts so i dont have a penny to my name x

Banned

Tinkytayls;6474327

Well i am poor but my boyfriend is pretty well offI dont work but am a … Well i am poor but my boyfriend is pretty well offI dont work but am a house wife but nothing is in my name including bank accounts so i dont have a penny to my name x

house wife (in all but writing) entitles you to 50% automatically :thumbsup: so don't worry about things

should never assume, i am on 300k after tax for this working year

This site generates a lot of spontaneous purchases for a lot of stores.
Like the end-of-isle offers at a supermarket. You don't ever have them on your to buy list but you always get a couple.
People on here have spent a few hundred pounds on an item just because it was a good deal, not that they needed it or were even looking for it.
With this in mind, surely those people must be financially secure enough to spend so much on a spontaneous purchase.

lumoruk;6474351

house wife (in all but writing) entitles you to 50% automatically … house wife (in all but writing) entitles you to 50% automatically :thumbsup: so don't worry about things

We are not married so i dont thin i am entitled to anything So i guess i am just a kept woman but i am the mum of his kids so i dont think he would ever leave me penniless :thumbsup:

Banned

Tinkytayls;6474373

We are not married so i dont thin i am entitled to anything So i guess … We are not married so i dont thin i am entitled to anything So i guess i am just a kept woman but i am the mum of his kids so i dont think he would ever leave me penniless :thumbsup:

doesn't matter you have an even stronger case, you will get 50% if you ever split. My sister is in the same situation and my Mum looked into it for her :whistling: My sister been with him since she was 16, she's now 31 and has a little girl with him btw.

hmmmm i may start thinking about taking him to the cleaners then lol

Banned

Tinkytayls;6474404

hmmmm i may start thinking about taking him to the cleaners then lol

ohhhh nasty, you would probably have to prove some sort of poor relationship as a fault of his :w00t: Get a hot mate to hit on him :thumbsup:

Banned

starsparkle2311;6474430

And yeh I am jealous, really, like so much, yeh, cos I was a deprived … And yeh I am jealous, really, like so much, yeh, cos I was a deprived child and I have never gotten over the fact that my parents, never bought me A Mr Frostie Machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How Mean is that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol I wanted one tooooo :w00t: my mates got a megadrive while I got a ****** master system II, I mean come on!!! and it was second hand.

Hmmmm i may have to start watching jeremy kyle to come up with stories then.....

tinkerbell28;6474439

Lol a lot of trust there:) BTW common law wife is a myth if your not … Lol a lot of trust there:) BTW common law wife is a myth if your not married pension rights and personal maintenance etc goes out the window, it's harsh but true we wanted to get married so much but rushed it for those reasons because of his job as a common law wife you get jack.

well you burst my bubble.... so get married asap then take him to the cleaners :w00t:

i have the money to buy just about anything i want but still like to save money

Tbh i cant see him going anywhere as he has it good ...
he gets home from work
bath run
cup of tea ready
dinner nearly ready
clean clothes ready on the bed.....
im a good little wifey

Banned

snowflake;6474460

It doesn't at all, even if you have children, and I'm speaking from … It doesn't at all, even if you have children, and I'm speaking from experience. Tinky I think you need to secure something just incase x

oh okay yeah I just checked it isn't law yet only a proposal, though I'm sure a good lawyer would get you something.

lawcom.gov.uk/coh…htm

Banned

Tinkytayls;6474476

Tbh i cant see him going anywhere as he has it good ... he gets home from … Tbh i cant see him going anywhere as he has it good ... he gets home from work bath run cup of tea readydinner nearly readyclean clothes ready on the bed.....im a good little wifey

Any chance I can tempt you away? I'm sure I could pull the ring off my missus tonight she's knackered!

in my case she earns more than me so in my interests to slip a ring on quick

starsparkle2311;6474430

And yeh I am jealous, really, like so much, yeh, cos I was a deprived … And yeh I am jealous, really, like so much, yeh, cos I was a deprived child and I have never gotten over the fact that my parents, never bought me A Mr Frostie Machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!How Mean is that?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted a Mr Frostie too.

i'm not allway's skint, but do like deal hunting,makes me feel like i've cheated the system a little bit.:roll:

Tinkytayls;6474476

Tbh i cant see him going anywhere as he has it good ... he gets home from … Tbh i cant see him going anywhere as he has it good ... he gets home from work bath run cup of tea readydinner nearly readyclean clothes ready on the bed.....im a good little wifey

omg hun... I just fell back in time 50 yrs........ :w00t:

oh well fine all take the pee i dont care :x

I think everyone likes to save money. I am 24 and am way into 5 figures of savings that I have nothing to do with, except leave to mount up. I just hate the thought of not getting as good a price as I could elsewhere. I do like to be a bit thrifty, but if my girlfriend wants something I'll buy it her, and I just gave my brother £1,000 tonight to put towards buying a new car lol. Yes, a mug :P

lumoruk;6474393

doesn't matter you have an even stronger case, you will get 50% if you … doesn't matter you have an even stronger case, you will get 50% if you ever split. My sister is in the same situation and my Mum looked into it for her :whistling: My sister been with him since she was 16, she's now 31 and has a little girl with him btw.

What rubbish.

starsparkle2311;6474549

lol, I think a thread should be started, for all those who didn't get a … lol, I think a thread should be started, for all those who didn't get a Mr Frostie!!!!!!!!!!!!! The thing that got me as a kid, was that I knew a few posh kids who did get one, and they always said it was crap!!!!!!!!!!! The spoilt brats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd put money on there being a group for that on facebook already :-D

I think my friend had one. It was pretty much a glorified cheese grater for ice. Dunno what you could do when you ran out of 'sauce' though...

im actually a bit offended by the op, i know it is not their intent, but rather they want discussion.

my background has been very fortunate, and through hard work i and my long term girlfriend have been very fortunate. the reason i frequent this website is that i care not neccessarily 'saving' money, but spending my more wisely and using what i 'saved' for better causes. a better cause generally being giving money to say greenpeace, or to 3rd world orphanages.

sure it sounds really cheesy, but i have never felt so sad as when i knocked on the door of a random 3rd world orphanage and asked for an impromptu tour and seeing the children there.. you cant put the sadness in to words..

generally i figure out what I want to buy, get a rough idea of the price and mentally accept that price. then i go do some searching online (namely here) and hopefully find it cheaper. when this occurs i put some of the savings aside to help those causes.

like, a pound here and there, doesnt seem like much but when you see how much it can _really_ help some people... and it feels kind of criminal not to try and "save" money after i had mentally accepted a price, and any savings are essentially a free or cheap donation i can generate for whatever cause..

Not at all. Personally I spend in excess of £500 a month just on clothing and I'm a student... But why pay full price when I can get free delivery, 10%, 20% off etc?! It's just good sense and lets me buy yet more shoes ;o) x

starsparkle2311;6474430

I lol at the peeps who do enter misc who like to tell everyone how much … I lol at the peeps who do enter misc who like to tell everyone how much they spend and how much they have etc, no I don't mean BG1, I mean the 'real' people, who need to share the fact they have just spent shed loads of moolah on a piece of crap, and how they have spent £1000 on little Timothy's Xmas presents, and oh gosh, how they didn't even realise it!!!!

:lol:

Btw, whattya mean BG1 is not real? :giggle:

Marina;6491463

:lol:Btw, whattya mean BG1 is not real? :giggle:

they lie. hes real! :santa:

Or just tight with your money?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz810
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314662
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769612
    4. Stock informer34

See more discussions