Astraweb / alt.binz - connection issues recently anyone?

Found 29th Apr 2009
Last couple of days I'm dropping connections and sometimes being told on retry that my per-user limit has been reached. Only way of resolving is disconnect and reconnect to router.

Am I being throttled by BT for the first time do you think, or something else? If others are having recent problems at least I'll know it's not that.

Using alt.binz as my usenet client btw - never had a problem until recently.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
20 Comments

Ive Not A Clue But Didnt Want To Ignore Your Post,
Morning Bud

Has it anything to do with this?

New site address: ]www.altbinz.net Please, update your favorites list … New site address: ]www.altbinz.net Please, update your favorites list with the new address. Old domain ]www.altbinz.com will stop working eventualy.

Predikuesi;5066835

Has it anything to do with this?

MORNING PRED

raptorcigs;5066841

MORNING PRED

Good Morning

Original Poster

Morning both! Thanks Pred - I'll look into that :thumbsup:

I don't think I have and i'm downloading quite a bit.

Is This The Best Now Hitnews Has Blocked Us?

raptorcigs;5067222

Is This The Best Now Hitnews Has Blocked Us?

I believe so, it's $11 a month including unlimited downloads, 20 connections and free SSL.

Ta T0mm

raptorcigs;5067316

Ta T0mm

No problem, the $11 link isnt advertised on their site so if you want it just message back.

Original Poster

t0mm;5066874

I don't think I have and i'm downloading quite a bit.

Thanks t0mm - yes, I suspect it's just me. Will wait to hear if anyone else experiencing problems over last 3 days. I was 100% fine until then. Suspect it's throttling of some sort....

Liddle ol' me;5067404

Thanks t0mm - yes, I suspect it's just me. Will wait to hear if anyone … Thanks t0mm - yes, I suspect it's just me. Will wait to hear if anyone else experiencing problems over last 3 days. I was 100% fine until then. Suspect it's throttling of some sort....

I heard BT are throttling newsgroups and torrents. Wasn't sure if it was true though..

Original Poster

t0mm;5067550

I heard BT are throttling newsgroups and torrents. Wasn't sure if it was … I heard BT are throttling newsgroups and torrents. Wasn't sure if it was true though..

Looks like it might me -- damn if so :roll:

downed too many 'linux distros' ?

Original Poster

kungfu;5067834

downed too many 'linux distros' ?

I can only guess what that means, but perhaps I have... :thinking:

oh darn it.

Original Poster

shanecr;5068217

oh darn it.

Nobody else has reported anything so it may just be an issue here. Have just downloaded several GB this morning with nps - my partner's pc and bt vision were not connected as per usual, and I reset the homehub this morning, so throttling may not be the issue... I'll report back if it happens again... :thumbsup:

Liddle ol' me;5068290

Nobody else has reported anything so it may just be an issue here. Have … Nobody else has reported anything so it may just be an issue here. Have just downloaded several GB this morning with nps - my partner's pc and bt vision were not connected as per usual, and I reset the homehub this morning, so throttling may not be the issue... I'll report back if it happens again... :thumbsup:

i spoke to BT last night before ordering, they said if you abuse fair use (uh hullo unlimited) they throttle to 2mb at peak times. "mb is enough for ps3 online. I am getting into the habit of downloading overnight now so hopefully there is no usenet throttling starting. i still got 7 days to cancel tho. let me know what you work it to be

Original Poster

shanecr;5068331

i spoke to BT last night before ordering, they said if you abuse fair use … i spoke to BT last night before ordering, they said if you abuse fair use (uh hullo unlimited) they throttle to 2mb at peak times. "mb is enough for ps3 online. I am getting into the habit of downloading overnight now so hopefully there is no usenet throttling starting. i still got 7 days to cancel tho. let me know what you work it to be

Will do. Just added another large download to check it again. So far so good - consistent at 800-900 kB/s.

Hopefully this has been a false alarm that has been resolved by resetting the HH. I'll run a few more tests over the next couple of days and report any probs. :thumbsup:

My alt.binz won't connect, its doing my nut in, I recently found out about panda cloud so i decided to give that a go.

around the same time alt.binz has decided that it doesn't want to connect, i've tried removing cloud and reinstalling kaspersky, which has no effect on alt.binz, it will no longer connect, i've tried disabling my firewall.. and still nothing...

I'm with plus.net, and download a few linux distro's, never had a problem before though
Post a comment
@
    Text