Astraweb question

Hey,

Signed up with Astraweb last night and managed to get everything sorted, however i notice on the Astraweb site it says '315 days retention' however when i'm looking for NZBs it says 'these are over 20 days, you need a provider with more than 20 days retention"

I'm confused, are there not the same things?

Any help appreciated

13 Comments

Where are you looking for the NZBs?

Never seen that myself. Where did it say that?

Original Poster

Merlins Portal and NZBmatrix, in NZBmatrix the results are just red

sancho1983;5667562

So what's the issue exactly? There's no way that these sites will know what retention your newsgroup account offers you, so are you prevented from downloading them?

When you add them to your newsreader they will download no problem as astraweb has 315 days retention :thumbsup:

sancho1983;5667562

Use [url]www.Newzleech.com[/url] also for links.
Another good one is [url]www.zerosec.ws[/url]

Also [url]www.binsearch.info[/url]

Original Poster

http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/uu79/sancho_1983/3.jpg

Perhaps i'm getting confused, i only really started reading up about it last night

It will let me download the NZB file but when i open it in Grabit, it gets stuck at zero on the 'importing NZB' bit. Other ones that are within the 30 days work fine.

Perhaps i'm getting confused with what each thing is.

I have

Astraweb
Grabit
Merlins portal or the such account.

Not entirely sure what each of the things are and how they relate to each other

sancho1983;5667658

Perhaps i'm getting confused, i only really started reading up about it … Perhaps i'm getting confused, i only really started reading up about it last night :)It will let me download the NZB file but when i open it in Grabit, it gets stuck at zero on the 'importing NZB' bit. Other ones that are within the 30 days work fine.Perhaps i'm getting confused with what each thing is. I haveAstrawebGrabitMerlins portal or the such account.Not entirely sure what each of the things are and how they relate to each other

Astraweb - your newsgroup provider.
Grabit - the Newsgroup client software which can understand NZB files(although I would recommend Newsbin Pro as it's far better).
Merlin's portal/newsleech/nzbsrus/ etc - NZB search sites.

If Grabit's not opening them up, check the configuration - I don't use it myself but might be an internal retention setting you might need to increase.

Thyere may be an option in the settings for those sites to change your retention settings to match your provider, there are on most nzb site's I've visited. As long as your provider's retention is greater than the age of the files you should be fine. You might also want to give newzleech, nzbsrus and tvnzb a look, as they're good nzb sites.

I'd sugest using altbinz as your downloader, it's got much better functions than grabit. The automatic parity check and unrar is a godsend, while the rss feed-reader is very usefull for things with regular release scheduals, like tv shows.

HTH.

In the case of NZBmatrix (not sure bout Merlins,i don't use it) you need to donate (pay) to download nzbs older than 20 days.
Less that that,the nzbs are free,but if you want older stuff,you will be looking at a £7 fee.Worth it my opinion.Either than or use newsleech.com?

koppyking;5667945

In the case of NZBmatrix (not sure bout Merlins,i don't use it) you need … In the case of NZBmatrix (not sure bout Merlins,i don't use it) you need to donate (pay) to download nzbs older than 20 days.Less that that,the nzbs are free,but if you want older stuff,you will be looking at a £7 fee.Worth it my opinion.Either than or use newsleech.com?

Yep thats exactly it. nzbmatrix only lists up to 20 days old unless you pay $10 for membership. I may as well throw newzbin into your list of options.

Original Poster

Thanks guys, have installed Alt Binz as i like the idea of having RSS feeder. Will give it a go and see how i get on.

Anybody have an invite for newzbin, just noticed it's invite only

Thanks again
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763961
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213593
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386132
    4. Better watch out for these...912

See more discussions