Astro turf boots - shops selling them?

Posted 6th Nov
I am after a bigger size of astro turf boots for my 12-year-old son. I've looked at Sports Direct, JD Sports, M&M and also Prodirectsoccor.com. Does anybody know of any other places that sell them - really only looking to pay up to say £30 as he only uses them for school. Any advice appreciated. Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
@Sophiasky I've bought a couple of pairs over the last few years - Sports Direct are usually the cheapest. They have a pretty good range online - they currently have some Adidas, Nike and Sondico for around £22 (Mens size 6 and above on the Mens section, Mens size 5.5 and below in the Kids section)
I usually buy from prodirect.

As Phil said, Sportsdirect carry decent stock and are usually the cheapest but, word of caution, if you didn't already know, sportsdirect won't give you a refund if you want to return an item bought instore. They issue a credit note.
Asics outlet online sometimes has them cheap, but it is really hit and miss. We only have one physical asics outlet store nearby and never once seen them except for the online store.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 6th Nov
Thank you, I will have another look at Sports Direct - they might have added some new ones, as I don't recall seeing the Adidas and Nike ones for around £22 - did see the Sondico ones but my son was not keen on those. As regards the Sondico ones, they do actually go up to a junior size 6.5, whereas the other makes usually only go up to a size 5.5 in the juniors.
Nike factory shop or outlets are great. You are probably at worst time for buying as other than sales, discounts aren’t great as lines have only just came out.. I got my last pair in jd sports for £10.

Lovell are good for boots but would avoid sports direct as usually the quality is poorer
My son is in a size 6 school shoe so I was going to order a size 6.5 (his current astros are size 5.5 and he said that his toes were curled up when he tried to put them on, on Monday), just wondering if a size 7 would be a better option, only saying that as his current ones -Adidas Messi - look as if they come up small when they size them up?
Try decathlon, they have own brand clothing and footwear that is very reasonable.
Thank you for all your comments.
Sophiasky06/11/2019 14:41

My son is in a size 6 school shoe so I was going to order a size 6.5 (his …My son is in a size 6 school shoe so I was going to order a size 6.5 (his current astros are size 5.5 and he said that his toes were curled up when he tried to put them on, on Monday), just wondering if a size 7 would be a better option, only saying that as his current ones -Adidas Messi - look as if they come up small when they size them up?

I tend to find all astro trainers / football boots are on the small side.

I'm a UK9 in shoes / trainers / boots.

I always get a 9.5 in Nike football. Adidas, I find, are very small made so go up a full size.

Football boots in general tend to be quite tight at the toes, especially along the top edge of the big toe. If you have a pair of shoe trees, use them to stretch the toe area a bit. If you don't have trees, a golf ball wedged inside the boot, around where the big toe would be, with some tissue paper / carrier bag stuffed in behind, works well to stretch the front. I've done it many times.

Should have asked earlier, is it astro trainers or moulded stud boots your son is wanting?

Soortsdirect have a selection of Adidas / Nike astro trainers from £21.00 - £25.00 in sizes 6 / 6.5 / 7 - sportsdirect.com/foo…wcB
Edited by: "psychedelicrenegade" 6th Nov
psychedelicrenegade06/11/2019 15:25

I tend to find all astro trainers / football boots are on the small …I tend to find all astro trainers / football boots are on the small side.I'm a UK9 in shoes / trainers / boots.I always get a 9.5 in Nike football. Adidas, I find, are very small made so go up a full size.Football boots in general tend to be quite tight at the toes, especially along the top edge of the big toe. If you have a pair of shoe trees, use them to stretch the toe area a bit. If you don't have trees, a golf ball wedged inside the boot, around where the big toe would be, with some tissue paper / carrier bag stuffed in behind, works well to stretch the front. I've done it many times.Should have asked earlier, is it astro trainers or moulded stud boots your son is wanting?Soortsdirect have a selection of Adidas / Nike astro trainers from £21.00 - £25.00 in sizes 6 / 6.5 / 7 - https://www.sportsdirect.com/football/football-boots/astro-trainers?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-4nuBRCnARIsAHwyuPp0L4mkTy7QUPs_r6vBF004jrU8OGJTYLOkMb0sWEsslkR9WSntjloaAkPjEALw_wcB#dcp=1&dppp=100&OrderBy=price_asc&Filter=AFLOR^Mens|ACSIZE^6,6.5,7

He needs both types. I have found a pair of the moulded football boots that he likes, just need to find some astro turf ones for him now. Thank you for your tips, but we may not need to stretch them - my son has ridiculously narrow feet (Clarks said D, but they don't stock that width, so he has to go up to the next narrowest size which is an E. The F width fitting is classed as average).
Ebay
I always wait for Adidas and Nike to have their 20% sales and then stock up. I got two pairs of Nike trainers (one size 2, the other size 3) for my daughter last year for £28ish. She’s just grown out of the two and is now in the 3. Keep an eye out!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants