Groups

ASUS Eee PC eeePC

OK ive read most of the threads on here about the asus pc and i found a 7'' on ebay.com and was wondering is there any difference as it says it is the U.S model. Will this limit me on doing anything?

Cheers
    TJ

9 Comments

probably just the charger cable head and the keyboard...
    rest should be quite same as eu models

Original Poster

cheers for the reply

what would be different about the keyboard? letter layout?

would the plug be 2 pin?and stupid question but would 3 pin plug charger work with it?

Yeah i;d double check votages and ratings on the charger (important), as above, the keyboard layout not much of an inconvenience but will affect resale value over here, warrenty may be a bit tricky as well

Notice US keyboard will have keys in different places, very annoying if you are well used to UK Keyboard but it is still usable, it just makes typing longer to do.

splender;1690882

Notice US keyboard will have keys in different places, very annoying if … Notice US keyboard will have keys in different places, very annoying if you are well used to UK Keyboard but it is still usable, it just makes typing longer to do.

Her you go

US keyboard
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/51/KB_United_States-NoAltGr.svg/800px-KB_United_States-NoAltGr.svg.png

UK keyboard
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/da/KB_United_Kingdom.svg/800px-KB_United_Kingdom.svg.png

Also stated above check voltage of US power adapter - make sure it 110/120v - 220/240v not just 110/120v

hth

EliTom

Original Poster

ok, thanks for your help

but ive found a UK one for something like £20 extra instead of the US model.

The UK one comes with a US power supply with a UK adaptor. I am selling mine as I have decided I dont really need it if you are interested. Also any other questions you can message me

Original Poster

mrken;1718211

The UK one comes with a US power supply with a UK adaptor. I am selling … The UK one comes with a US power supply with a UK adaptor. I am selling mine as I have decided I dont really need it if you are interested. Also any other questions you can message me

have you got a price?

I was also looking at an eee pc - according to Asus, it should be about $200 in the USA.
    However, due to short supplies, it seems UK suppliers are taking the p with the price, and I've seen them for over £250.

Has anyone imported one from the states, and what are the pitfalls and perils? What about customs, VAT, and warranty?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2991055
      2. What is there free to do in your town?1016
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33180
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846324

See more discussions