Asus MeMO Pad HD 7 - Thread

Found 25th Dec 2013
So now that many people have bought the Asus MeMO Pad HD 7. I though I start a thread for everything. Here are the specs

Size 800 x 1280 pixels, 7.0 inches (~216 ppi pixel density)
MEMORY Card slot microSD, up to 32 GB
Internal 16 GB, 1 GB RAM
CAMERA Primary 5 MP, 2592х1944 pixels, autofocus
Video Yes, 1080p@30fps
Secondary Yes, 1.2 MP, 720p
FEATURES OS Android OS, v4.2 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
Chipset Mediatek MT8125
CPU Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7

Fourm Link

transformerforums.com/for…um/

Facebook Group

facebook.com/gro…76/
- zyany

Hello. I highly suggest everyone root your device !!!!

Why well becuase.
If you click settings
scroll down to apps
Swipe right and see running apps
Look here and then click on top. Cached apps ( this means apps in the background)

Now look how many stupid asus apps are running THESE ARE SUCKKING UP RAM and battery. Why is ram important. Because if you GET RID of these. Your tablet will be EVEN FASTER. TRUST ME. MY TABLET FLYIES. after getting rid off them

How to root
Trust ME IT'S IDOTIC PROOF ( I sir idiot have rooted it and thus anyone can root it :p).
It takes 10 seconds !!!

Click settings Then security. And tick box allow unknown sources. Allow installation of apps from other stores.

Open browser and click. This link see the first post for clickable links and pics of what's safe to remove

1)rootinghub.com/how…ol/
2) scrool down to process 2
3). Do this on your tablet. Since it will save time rather then downloading the file on pc and then transferring it
4). On process 2. You are given another link. !!!!! To XDA DEVLOPER forum. SCROOL DOWN. DON'T DOWNLOAD THE FIRST LINK. That's VERISON 1.4. Which won't work. Scrool down and downfalls the last one which is VERISON. 1.8.

DONE RUN that and read process 2. And reboot. DONE DONE :).

YOU ROOTED YOUR DEVICE. :):):)

Wahoooooo. Now you can get rid of junk.
Go to google play store and download. APP MASTER

Install. And hahahahaha. Bye bye asus rubbish. Uninstall any rubbish. ( dont randomly delete anything ( don't worry when u uninstall it goes recycling bin). Get rid of asus attics

If anyone wants a list of what I ME REMOVED. Tell me ill put screenshots.

That's all folks. Enjoy :). Love you op who shared this deal
Community Updates
MiscAsusTabletiPad
167 Comments
These will have flash built in? States it, but didn't think 4.2 had flash?
Also I wonder if it has TV out or mhl?!
Nominated for VIP.
Ordered one. For £59 it's got to be worth a punt.
LookAfterYourPennies2013

Yep !
deeky

Nominated for VIP.

Who? And how do you do that and what's the point
LookAfterYourPennies2013

deeky

Nominated for VIP.

Get some more info, hints, tips and tutorials etc in here and I'll tell you more
Hi Mark.
How do I turn it on?

Who? And how do you do that and what's the point[/quote]

Get some more info, hints, tips and tutorials etc in here and I'll tell you more [/quote]

Yeah, I will, as soon as i get it!

ferritmaster

Hi Mark.How do I turn it on?

Press the g-spot
Lets play the Waiting game now!

-- Has anyones order, Changed from Partially Confirmed to Dispatched?
markhuges

Lets play the Waiting game now!-- Has anyones order, Changed from … Lets play the Waiting game now!-- Has anyones order, Changed from Partially Confirmed to Dispatched?

Is that likely on Christmas day?
My daughter has this, I paid a lot more but it's great and an absolute bargain for this price, enjoy!
deeky

Is that likely on Christmas day?

Only on eBay: I got one such notification, which means my purchase from 'Manchester' is really heading from China. Maybe Amazon, too. Tesco is a bit more normal.
Anyone got dispatch emails yet. I ain't got nothing :cry
markhuges

Anyone got dispatch emails yet. I ain't got nothing :cry

I received despatch emails for both my orders.
Both mine arrived at tesco express and collected.
Collected mine all working fine
shai

juhu69

Wow, so lucky! How is it running, how you finding it? do you love it ?

Still nothing, not even a dispatch email ..
shai

juhu69

I love it....
I sort of like mine. It looks nice ... but a bit creaky on the left hand side no HDMI out or otg functionality and I just wish it had the speakers on the front ie I wish it was more like the £89 Advent Vega Tegra Note I just bought my son. Had mine a couple of months now paid £109 for mine.

Edited by: "redhot999" 27th Dec 2013
Should I install the UPDATE Which comes?
[quote=Wortho]Also I wonder if it has TV out or mhl?![/quote got mine working] it has mirrorcast go to settings/ display/ turn on useability dependent on tv works with Samsung TVs that have screen mirroring. Some people will need a wireless dongle for there tvs.
Edited by: "fastrover" 28th Dec 2013
anyone got the barcode about to ring my local thx
markhuges

Should I install the UPDATE Which comes?

yes its fine.
I bought a blue one yesterday for 18yr old son ..... He text me 5 mins later to say don't worry about buying it as it not an iPad !!!!!
Now thinking about selling last years archos cobalt 80 and keeping this for myself !;;!
Had e-mail, will collect mine from Tesco at 4 PM.
Worried about initial charging advice. Downloaded manual states you
should initially charge for 8 hours before use. also says do NOT overcharge.
On the other thread people are saying it comes 50% charged.
So if I leave it for 8 hours as they say, that would be a massive overcharge which they say not to do.
Expert advice please ?
walpolecherie

I bought a blue one yesterday for 18yr old son ..... He text me 5 mins … I bought a blue one yesterday for 18yr old son ..... He text me 5 mins later to say don't worry about buying it as it not an iPad !!!!!Now thinking about selling last years archos cobalt 80 and keeping this for myself !;;!

Uses for old cobalt picture frame clock spare TV remote etc
fastrover

Uses for old cobalt picture frame clock spare TV remote etc

Aww its not that back - although hardly been used this year until today when I got it out to use .... Going have play later on younger sons Samsung tab 2 ..then I might see how far behind my archos is x
taungfox

Had e-mail, will collect mine from Tesco at 4 PM.Worried about initial … Had e-mail, will collect mine from Tesco at 4 PM.Worried about initial charging advice. Downloaded manual states youshould initially charge for 8 hours before use. also says do NOT overcharge.On the other thread people are saying it comes 50% charged. So if I leave it for 8 hours as they say, that would be a massive overcharge which they say not to do.Expert advice please ?

Extractly!!!!

How long do we change this for ??? First time
markhuges

Extractly!!!!How long do we change this for ??? First time

Manual states to charge for eight hours before use, yet on main thread people
are saying to use for a few hours and recharge when it gets to 5 %

You do not want to muck it up on day one.

Initial charging is important to get right, makes big difference on other
gadgets.
taungfox

Manual states to charge for eight hours before use, yet on main thread … Manual states to charge for eight hours before use, yet on main thread peopleare saying to use for a few hours and recharge when it gets to 5 %You do not want to muck it up on day one.Initial charging is important to get right, makes big difference on othergadgets.

Thanks. I'll do that then what u said.

But I want to ask Hello I have a question

CAN I do. Different user profiles. ???? On this tablet. Thanks
Yes as users in settings
has anyone tried sky go on it . does it work fine , good picture ...etc ??
bodolf

has anyone tried sky go on it . does it work fine , good picture ...etc … has anyone tried sky go on it . does it work fine , good picture ...etc ??

I haven't personally tried it but supposedly works just fine from other users comments.
Got it, ......

And got a problem

Click settings running apps. It closes. Unfortunate settings has stops working. :(.

Any help
markhuges

Got it, ......And got a problem Click settings running apps. It closes. … Got it, ......And got a problem Click settings running apps. It closes. Unfortunate settings has stops working. :(. Any help

have you rebooted it also have you updated it mines fine also don't forget avg virus software
fastrover

have you rebooted it also have you updated it mines fine also don't … have you rebooted it also have you updated it mines fine also don't forget avg virus software

Hey yeah it works now. Thanks.

One problem I thunk there is to much junk and bloatware. How do I get rid of the stuff.

Any root guides
markhuges

Hey yeah it works now. Thanks. One problem I thunk there is to much … Hey yeah it works now. Thanks. One problem I thunk there is to much junk and bloatware. How do I get rid of the stuff. Any root guides

go to settings apps click on app select. Uninstall.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions