Asus UL30 wireless problems

There are some problems with the wifi on this laptop, it disconnects even though there's still signal, does anyone know if this is a hardware or a software problem? I've tried searching but can't find any solutions.

If it's software does anyone know where to find the drivers, or a fix?

If it's hardware does anyone know if I can replace the wireless card, and if so, any recommendations?

6 Comments

what wifi card does it use? my old acer used to cut out constantly it was really annoying but nothing could be done it was a common fault with the models card. i ended up selling it rather than replacing with a compatible card,.

Original Poster

It uses an Atheros AR9285. I'm sure I read it's like a built in wifi chip rather than a card though, which would make it hard to replace?

Original Poster

Can anyone help with this?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;8723833

Try uninstall and reinstall the drivers, really not much we can do … Try uninstall and reinstall the drivers, really not much we can do without actually seeing it.

I can't find the drivers, on the asus website it only lists drivers for an intel chip.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;8726785

What operating system?Anyway look here:http://www.atheros.cz/

W7

Original Poster

Does anyone know if the drivers for vista will work on windows 7? Also where can I find the drivers in windows 7 and how do I know which ones to back up incase it makes things worse?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846133
    2. How dangerous is Donald trump?1957
    3. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2449
    4. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2744

See more discussions