Found 30th Jun 2010
Hello All

Like many others i bought the Asus UL30A from CPW and wondered if/what games anyone has tested run on this machine? I by no means expect to play MW2 etc just occasionally/casual games? With the Steam deals i quite fancy buying a few games.

Rep added to all that help

6 Comments

]Can you run it

A great site that tests if you computer can run X game.

The trouble with that machine is its GPU, which is an integrated Intel 4500 chip, which just shares system memory. This means it] performs really badly. The site there lists how the GPU performs on various titles in various graphic settings modes,, although as a general rule, I'd imagine that anything released around 2004 and before should work quite nicely. Get digging, and buy a proper USB mouse, there's a lot of good titles to be had from that era.

Original Poster

Thanks Got a mouse, Just remembered of one i loved Rise of Nations Any you recommend? Rep added

leeparker;8948032

Thanks Got a mouse, Just remembered of one i loved Rise of Nations Thanks Got a mouse, Just remembered of one i loved Rise of Nations Any you recommend? Rep added

Half Life 2 should run quite well, and that's still an utterly brilliant game. Besides that, check out ]this. It's a listing of PC games released between 2000 and the end of 2004, rated by collecting reviews from various sources, and listed in order of awesome to non-awesome. You can filter it by styles of game, and if there's anything that looks appealing, you should be able to buy it for only a few quid.

Banned

The Orange Box, Games like trine, torchlight ect

Original Poster

Thanks all
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What is gearbest like on warranty?810
    2. Android pay set up610
    3. Best 4k tv's for gaming11
    4. Christmas presents510