Groups

ASUS X50GL LAPTOP

Been looking at this laptop for my 12 yr old Is the spec any good would it play games?

Processor - Intel Pentium Dual Core T3200 Processor
    3GB DDR2 SDRAM
    Hard Drive - 160GB
    Operating System - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
    Screen - 15.4 in TFT active matrix 1280 x 800
    Optical Drive - DVDRW
    Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce 8200M
    Wireless
    Webcam - 1.3MP
    8-in1 Card Reader

7 Comments

You should be able to play all games on Medium-High settings with this. The most important things for game playing on a computer are RAM and graphics card both of which are good on this model.

Original Poster

Thanks, I seen it for £297 does that seem like a good deal? Hope so!

I'd give it a miss. The 8200M isn't going to be playing games too well.

]Review

Depends what you mean by games. If it's the fast moving graphics intensive stuff that your 12 year old wants to play then you're going to have to fork out a lot of money for a laptop (probably at least £1k). If it's just Sims type games then this one would probably be OK. It looks a bargain at £297 - where's it from?

Original Poster

It was from staples but just found out it is out of stock!!!!! Gonna keep looking tho thx for you info.

I got my Vostro 1700 last year for £350 with a nVidia 8600M GT which is great for gaming. Keep an eye out for a laptop with a 8600M GT

for the price i think its a bargin ,
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3551334
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1865
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2035
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread417514147

See more discussions