Groups
    EXPIRED

athletes foot cures?

i am hoping to find a cure for athletes foot i have triend several of the powders and sprays from boots etc but it keeps coming back everytime. anyone know of anything i will be greatly thankful

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

17 Comments

Soak your feet in warm salt water for 15minutes, twice a day and be sure to put on a fresh pair of socks every time.
    Edited by: "SUMMONER" 20th Jul 2014

go to the doctor and ask for a stronger cream .

Persistence is the key.

Use the cream at night only. Leave feet open to the air as much as possible.

Once all the symptoms have gone CONTINUE WITH THE TREATMENT FOR A FURTHER 2 weeks, problem will then be solved

This is assuming it has definitely been confirmed as athletes foot. Lots of people who have other skin conditions assume it is AF

Banned

give your footwear at least 2 days to dry out before wearing it again, you're probably reinfecting yourself if you wear the same thing daily

daktarin SPRAY. not the powder.

Original Poster

i swap shoes and socks on daily basis to give air to shoe and powder inside socks and shoes. i blow dry my feet so i know they are completely dry

lamisil cream from pharmacy usually does the trick - and meant to have a long effect after use too

I second rochy2. Make sure you give your shoes a break of a day or two between wears to allow them to dry out completely. This also helps if you suffer from sweaty smelly feet.

The best thing for athletes foot and toenail fungus is VINEGAR you dont need any expensive creams or treatments. After your shower, just squirt vinegar over your toenails and inbetween your toes DO NOT RINSE leave to dry. Do this everyday
    for a week and it will be gone.

are you washing the feet before application of cream, some creams form a barrier and application of new cream over old doesn't work.
    Direct sunlight will help kill the fungus but again clean and re-apply cream after exposure.

Along with washing and drying correctly on a daily basis I would advise also:

100% cotton socks, nothing else, not even cotton rich.

Change socks twice a day and use charcoal insoles in your shoes and change them weekly with fresh new ones.

I used to suffer years ago but now am completely clear, but I do keep to the above just to make sure. It used to be a nightmare.

Peeing on the damaged area supposedly cures it. No Joke.

NEtech

Along with washing and drying correctly on a daily basis I would advise … Along with washing and drying correctly on a daily basis I would advise also:100% cotton socks, nothing else, not even cotton rich.Change socks twice a day and use charcoal insoles in your shoes and change them weekly with fresh new ones.I used to suffer years ago but now am completely clear, but I do keep to the above just to make sure. It used to be a nightmare.

I agree with you ..years ago when i had the same problem I used tissue paper to separate my toes before pulling my socks on ..worked a treat as far as aerating and wicking away any moisture was concerned in addition to peeling as suggested above.
    haven't had AF in over 20 years.

limasil cream, clean cotton socks. have a look at where you're going barefoot too. have you scrubbed out the shower with bleach? public changing room? you're picking up the reinfection from somewhere, til you sort that, treatments kinda pointless... (years of experience here unfortunately)

Use canistan thrush cream. It kills the fungus. Swore by it in the military.

hiya, i thought i had athletes foot last year after suffering a miscarriage. it started on my toes, and i asked the pharmacist, and she said it was athletes foot. it soon spread to the other foot and then all over both hands. i went to the doctor who put me on strong anti-fungal tablets. nothing helped. i was sleeping with my hand in cold water because it burned and itched so bad. 3-4 weeks later, i'd finished the course of anti-fungal tablets and still had no relief. i'd also spent £60 on creams/sprays/etc.

i was at a complete loss. i went back to the doctor who took a skin sample and sent it to the lab. guess what? no fungus at all. it was EXCEZMA!

Doctor prescribed a cortosteroid and told me to use a moisturizer. The rash on hands and feet was gone within a week, after i started using a thick white moisturizer multiple times a day, and especially after my hands were wet. i do all the housework so i think the excezma was caused by the stress of the miscarriage, and not moisturizing frequently enough with a thick enough cream. the anti fungus remedies dried my skin out even more of course.

So, in short, you may want to go to the doctor to get a skin sample taken just to be sure it really is athletes foot and not excema.

pa; if it is excema, try a combination of thick white cream like e45 or nivea original, and also a cream that contains a high percentage of urea like e45 anti itch.

good luck!

Edited by: "fuhu78888" 22nd Jul 2014

Whats this advise from everyone salt and vinegar - for god sake this is not a bag of fish n chips though some of you out their may have an appetite for it with them whiffy feet. Bad boy you wana try terbinafine tabs or terbinafine cream man thats the cure.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Finally got a Xbox one s44
      2. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!1011
      3. Best tablet for 100-150? Quid11
      4. Glazing Clay Pots for Drinking22

See more discussions