Groups

athletes foot?best treatment?

Hi i have pretty bad athletes foot and have never realy treated it that well,tried a few creams etc but none stopped the feeling of me wanting to scratch it like mad,anyone else had it that bad?i want the temptation of itching it to go away,can anyone recommend any good strong creams?thanks

10 Comments

Canestan is very good usually one application does it, Just make sure you get the foot version LOL!

http://worldoflongmire.com/oddsnends/converstart/awkward.gif

Go to your docs and get a decent cream, in my experience the over the counter ones don't work that well... although having said that you can get Canesten over the counter these days

Lamisil is the real deal - I had it really bad. Its a pound or two more than the other over the counter treatments but well worth it since its stops the itching and you only apply once a day. Here's what they say.....

Unless your Athlete’s Foot is highly advanced, you’ll be able to treat it yourself with a product available over the counter from your local pharmacist. If it’s reached the point where you’re having difficulty walking, see your doctor as soon as possible.

There are many different anti fungal treatments available but not all kill the fungi directly. Most inhibit their development which results in them dying naturally. These are known as ‘fungistatic’ treatments; as with all treatments it is important that you complete the full recommended course – often 2 to 4 weeks of daily applications − or the condition may return. Just because the symptoms have gone doesn’t mean you’re cured.

Lamisil® AT Cream, Gel and Spray and Lamisil Once®, on the other hand, are fungicidal, which means they kill the fungus directly. Uniquely, Lamisil Once® only needs the one application, but make sure you treat both feet, and continue to practise good foot hygiene to reduce the chances of re-infection.

Yep, cream from docs and then when it clears up, make sure to wash your feet twice a day and wear socks that wick away moisture - the x-static socks are best

Original Poster

Pookies;4811326

Lamisil is the real deal - I had it really bad. Its a pound or two more … Lamisil is the real deal - I had it really bad. Its a pound or two more than the other over the counter treatments but well worth it since its stops the itching and you only apply once a day. Here's what they say.....Unless your Athlete’s Foot is highly advanced, you’ll be able to treat it yourself with a product available over the counter from your local pharmacist. If it’s reached the point where you’re having difficulty walking, see your doctor as soon as possible.There are many different anti fungal treatments available but not all kill the fungi directly. Most inhibit their development which results in them dying naturally. These are known as ‘fungistatic’ treatments; as with all treatments it is important that you complete the full recommended course – often 2 to 4 weeks of daily applications − or the condition may return. Just because the symptoms have gone doesn’t mean you’re cured.Lamisil® AT Cream, Gel and Spray and Lamisil Once®, on the other hand, are fungicidal, which means they kill the fungus directly. Uniquely, Lamisil Once® only needs the one application, but make sure you treat both feet, and continue to practise good foot hygiene to reduce the chances of re-infection.

thanks will pick up some from tescos tomorrow

Keep feet clean and dry as much as poss. Fresh socks often and don't wear the same shoes too much.

Pee on your feet.

Free, and works haha.

can't you just hack your foot off:whistling:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844453
      2. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…1957
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?24
      4. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value26

See more discussions