Atkins/Diabetic Snack/Quick meals ideas

hey fellow diabetics..

what do u have when u wana snack or want a quick meal. im preg so im hungry a bit but blood sugar is high so need to eat atkins style/diabetic friendly foods. as im new to this im kinda struggling.

boiled eggs are snacks.
are u allowed cashew nuts?

any other food tips be appreciated thanks

7 Comments

beef jerky-low in fat/sugars but high in protein

My boyfriend is diabetic and eats scrambled eggs, or ham, or those dried bacon strips.

Original Poster

thanks guys .... so its all a bit bleurgh!

Oh how bland is a diabetics diet !

Original Poster

mikebike;7024822

This link could be … This link could be useful..http://www.diabetes.org.uk/Guide-to-diabetes/My-life/Teens/Me-and-my-diabetes/Food-and-diet/Snacks/Snack-tips/I hope!

will check it out thanks!:thumbsup:
tinkerbell28;7024861

TBH the best bet is asking to be referred to the gd midwife as even if … TBH the best bet is asking to be referred to the gd midwife as even if you have not had this diagnosis yet or are waiting for a gtt ot just a bit high she would be able to help with lots of nutritional advice.

im under a dietician and a diabetic mw as well as obstretican, normal midwife and 2 diabetic consultants! cant knock the NHS! had meeting with diabetic mw ydy.... after a couple days im getting a bit like man there must be more out there!! hehe!

diabeticguy;7025770

Oh how bland is a diabetics diet !

[SIZE="6"]VERY!!![/SIZE]

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;7031385

Ahh yer I had gd in my first 2 pregnancies but not my third :? It's kind … Ahh yer I had gd in my first 2 pregnancies but not my third :? It's kind of boring really I just rode it out with the recipies sorry not helpful!

thanks. keeps u healthy though huh!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17376131
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763876
    3. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963002
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415214085

See more discussions