Attaching garden screening to a fence

Posted 28th May
I have now gone and bought 2 rolls of 2 m x 4 m reed gardening screening from Screwfix. I have a Stanley staple gun but I have never used it before. Can somebody please advise me what size staples I should buy to staple the rolls to the fence? Thank you.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
deleted5655
Have a check on which sizes your Stanley staple will take. You most likely need the 12 or 14mm galvanised staples. Toolstation and similar outlets sell them. If your gun takes larger staples, eg 20mm, then they would be better. Use cable ties as well for additional strength.
Edited by: "deleted5655" 28th May
deleted565528/05/2020 10:56

Have a check on which sizes your Stanley staple will take. You most likely …Have a check on which sizes your Stanley staple will take. You most likely need the 12 or 14mm galvanised staples. Toolstation and similar outlets sell them.

Just checked, it says heavy duty from 6 mm to 14 mm. Thank you.
Sophiasky28/05/2020 10:58

Just checked, it says heavy duty from 6 mm to 14 mm. Thank you.

Can I use any staples in the Stanley stapler or can I use any of them from Toolstation? Thank you.
Sophiasky28/05/2020 11:02

Can I use any staples in the Stanley stapler or can I use any of them from …Can I use any staples in the Stanley stapler or can I use any of them from Toolstation? Thank you.

Sorry, ignore that last comment - it says that they can be used in the Stanley stapler.
I’ve this month just finished this job , I pre drilled the reed then screwed it to a fence , solid it’s not going anywhere
Post a comment
@
    Text