Attention to other points of view 'declines with age' - BBC News

Found 2nd Nov 2017
Attention to other points of view 'declines with age' - BBC News

Quote:
"People pay less attention to other points of view and talk more about irrelevant details as they get older, according to a study.

Linguists made the findings by using computerised listening and visual tests to assess thinking skills in a group of people aged 17 to 84.

The results suggested that the ability to respond to different perspectives deteriorated with age.

The tests were carried out on a group of 100 people.

The aim was to investigate how the ability of participants to concentrate on one thing and ignore another influenced their ability to consider another person's perspective in conversation."
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Wow 100 people, let's apply this to the general populous immediately.
11 Comments
Tell me about it.
catbeans31 m ago

Worse than this, they did not mention the use of another 100 as scientific control.
Edited by: "splender" 2nd Nov 2017
Oh a link with no video content happy days
32355732-8ERDv.jpg
100 people aged between 17 and 84, so how many old people were actually tested...50? hmm, how accurate.
Wow, they needed a study to work that out?
catbeans2 h, 55 m ago

It's more than the shampoo and make-up surveys they quote on the adverts.

77% of 47 people agree
Surely They mean people pay less and less attention to BBC news as it’s full of biased drivel.
honestly, I reckon the BBC are trying to compete with the Daily Mail
Edited by: "118luke" 2nd Nov 2017
in a recent survey (of 1 person) 100% of them said... "wake me up when this thread gets interesting"
32356849-kVygQ.jpg

deeky58 m ago

It's more than the shampoo and make-up surveys they quote on the …It's more than the shampoo and make-up surveys they quote on the adverts.77% of 47 people agree

Usually one of the 47 people is me and they paid me to agree.
Are they sure, thought the older you get the more chance you have of complaining to Points Of View at the BBC.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants