Attitudes towards car servicing in the UK - quick survey

Found 7th May
Hi all,

We are two final year students at University College London. We are conducting some research on the car industry, in particular, we are interested in your attitudes to garages and how you normally arrange repairs and servicing. We would be very grateful for your help, and of course feel free to share this survey.

Click here to access the survey

Thanks!
Community Updates
AskHome & Garden
43 Comments
Filled in!
Done
Done.
Done.
Hi @Toptrumpet , thank you so much
Perhaps you ought to think about conducting research into garages and their attitude towards customers. Might get a better take up rate on here.
Yes, definitely! That'll likely be the next stage of this work. In the meantime, if you've any experiences of how garages have acted towards you or customers you know through the process post up here and it will help hugely.
done
thank you @tiki3471
Done .
deleted396333
£5
Done , good luck with a very unpopular service
adamderak2 m ago

Done , good luck with a very unpopular service

Thanks for filling in!
Done
Although serviced and checked every six months
Done. Good luck
@Bradleigh thanks for filling it in and for adding that
I have completed the survey for you.
Sprograt35 m ago

I have completed the survey for you.

Thanks a lot!
Take it that you are writing an app. Did your questionaire. Here's the single biggest thing I hate about servicing;

When I go in, I always make sure the paperwork says they can do £0/£zero work without my authorisation in advance. If I used an app (I say 'if' because I know all apps 'need' access to my data - contacts, texts etc - so it has to be really worthwhile for me), I would want an app that gave me a quote for work the garage discovered whilst doing a service/MOT
Submitted
Survey done, best of luck
Edited by: "sustar" 8th May
ccnp11 h, 57 m ago

Take it that you are writing an app. Did your questionaire. Here's the …Take it that you are writing an app. Did your questionaire. Here's the single biggest thing I hate about servicing;When I go in, I always make sure the paperwork says they can do £0/£zero work without my authorisation in advance. If I used an app (I say 'if' because I know all apps 'need' access to my data - contacts, texts etc - so it has to be really worthwhile for me), I would want an app that gave me a quote for work the garage discovered whilst doing a service/MOT

You guessed correctly

Thanks very much for that. It definitely needs to be a consideration. One of the things we had in mind was using it to generally make pricing more transparent - this takes that further so super useful.
Done.
One quick Q though ... Is the following question correct? (can't recall if page 7 or 8 ) ...
How important is the booking experience for you? *
The given range (for 1-5) is 'I am indifferent' through to 'I would switch to a garage that offers a better booking experience'.
Edited by: "Spango" 8th May
Done
Spango1 h, 32 m ago

Done.One quick Q though ... Is the following question correct? (can't …Done.One quick Q though ... Is the following question correct? (can't recall if page 7 or 8 ) ...How important is the booking experience for you? *The given range (for 1-5) is 'I am indifferent' through to 'I would switch to a garage that offers a better booking experience'.

Hey Spango, thank you so much for filling it in and for your question - yes, we really wanted to get a sense of whether a better booking experience would make no difference or if it could be a dealbreaker, so we used them as ends of the spectrum
All done!
Done
Completed, although no option for 'Garage owned by brother'! Filled it in for my other car mainly which has a dealer service plan.
Done, single female, single car 9 years old and 32k miles from new. Really must get it serviced this year but still runs like a dream. Last serviced about 5 years ago (I do nip in if it makes any funny / strange noises for a check mind you).

Last problem, intermittant problem and car wouldn't start. After much laughing from mechanic, problem was erm new thick car mats and not pressing down hard enough on the clutch into the thick mats to take steering lock off to start the car. Queue one very embarassed, and now educated female.
Completed.

Wife gets an "experience" with her car, great coffee, danish pastries, overly helpful and smiley attractive staff, in a swish, shiny building with a huge window looking onto the workshop. With some 17yr old hipster armed with a laptop and being billed out at £80 an hour. She can even book by the garage app.

The garage I use for my two is a tad different, the showroom and office were last decorated in circa 1968, no courtesy cars, its filthy, they are filthy but they are honest and do a great job and most importantly they don't apply the AMG tax like the main dealer does. They have just about mastered the fax machine and I don't think they will be going down the app route anytime soon.

I much prefer my experience and the size of the bills.
Ar460rn16 h, 38 m ago

Completed, although no option for 'Garage owned by brother'! Filled it in …Completed, although no option for 'Garage owned by brother'! Filled it in for my other car mainly which has a dealer service plan.

Ahah you can't say we thought of everything thank you!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants