Groups

auction sites..

So I sold my sat nav on an auction site yesturday, i had a buy it now price for 65£ .... bidding started at 99p.... my end price I go was £78!!! I dont understand what happened but im not complaining lol

the buyer has paid and has fab feedback so alls well =

IN conclusion - I did not know that auctions could go over the buy it now price....

8 Comments

lol that just ridiculous...people just prefer the rush of winning an auction?!

Why would you think that lol, bidding is a completly different thing to buy it now.

Original Poster

but if i was bidding and i saw the price creeping up to the buy it now price, i would click that and win the auction? or is buy it now void if theres a bid on the item?

If you did not have a reserve as soon as a bid is received the buy it now option disappears

Banned

BettyBoo1012;6597594

but if i was bidding and i saw the price creeping up to the buy it now … but if i was bidding and i saw the price creeping up to the buy it now price, i would click that and win the auction? or is buy it now void if theres a bid on the item?

it is void once a bid comes in

Original Poster

oh i get it now lol
    i suppose people dont know how much its going to go for.... i thought my buy it now price was reasonable and i was hoping people would have taken it, as i wanted a quick sale

good to know anyway
    thanks!

Haha was that the one you were selling here for £50?

Well done

Original Poster

yip lol
    i was v. pleased with the outcome!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?56
      2. Iphone 7 - What Case?619
      3. recent price to fit a standard sized garage door56
      4. Cool kettle Bosch kettle cashback won't work. Help!22