Audi A3 Stereo Upgrade?

Found 10th Jul 2015
So i have a 2005 Audi A3 with the standard Audi Concert unit. Im thinking of upgrading this to something that has bluetooth/phone/usb/aux and possibly DAB. Saves me getting everything individually.

Does anyone know what units are good? Any recommendation? Its a single din unit.

Thanks
Community Updates
AskAudi
11 Comments
Worth keeping an eye on Lidl deals. I got a car stereo about 18 months back which has all of the above except DAB, but also with SD card slot, for £50. I was so pleased with it I took it with me when I swapped cars.
Keep an eye on halfords website and instore, you can often pick up ex display / refurbished units for circa £50 with full warranty. Not sure if you will need one or not, but you might need an ISO adapter and a harness adapter if you want the steering wheel controls to work
Just be careful as I'm pretty sure your Audi will have a can bus system at that age and an aftermarket stereo will be a pain to install. The canbus controls the power on and off, the Illumination, the dis display etc.

Thanks for the replies folks

cliosport65

Just be careful as I'm pretty sure your Audi will have a can bus system … Just be careful as I'm pretty sure your Audi will have a can bus system at that age and an aftermarket stereo will be a pain to install. The canbus controls the power on and off, the Illumination, the dis display etc.

Is it a big job? The CD player i have is just standard, cant even play data cd's
Faiza

Thanks for the replies folksIs it a big job? The CD player i have is just … Thanks for the replies folksIs it a big job? The CD player i have is just standard, cant even play data cd's

I know I had the same problem with A4 couldn't play my MP3s so I changed it for aftermarket one only to I needed to cut and splice all the cables on the Audi to get it to work, so I sent it back and bought a Chinese import version which had canbus support on eBay which has been great no cutting wires and looks great
Faiza

Thanks for the replies folksIs it a big job? The CD player i have is just … Thanks for the replies folksIs it a big job? The CD player i have is just standard, cant even play data cd's

Also VAG cars can be a real nuisance with the wiring trying to find a live and feed with the key on etc.. if your technically minded then it should be ok but its up to you
Son swapped his in his seat leon with the can bus system, his new head unit came with the can bus box and was a piece of cake to fit the only problem was fitting a reverse camera

Edited by: "ding" 14th Jul 2015
Hmm sounds a bit pants. What if i could an aux port installed? would there be any problems with that?
Faiza

Hmm sounds a bit pants. What if i could an aux port installed? would … Hmm sounds a bit pants. What if i could an aux port installed? would there be any problems with that?

I believe that there is an AUX input for Audi's bit its a bit pricey .
Faiza

Hmm sounds a bit pants. What if i could an aux port installed? would … Hmm sounds a bit pants. What if i could an aux port installed? would there be any problems with that?

Check this eBay link out the Audi AUX Input is £27.49 not as pricey as I thought lol (_;) looks to be plug and play

ebay.co.uk/itm…066

Hope that helps
That looks promising I may order it and see how i get on. Hopefully i wont mess it up!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants