Audi A3 v Nissan qashqai

Found 2nd Dec 2012
want to buy a car soon but not sure which one, audi A3 1.9 deisel or qashqai 1.5 deisel, the nissan is how ever 1k dearer but can save on fuel. at the moment i have hona civic 1.4 petrol and fed up with fuel costs £10 50 miles, kids want Audi but budget 5k
Community Updates
MiscAudiNissan
53 Comments
two totally different types of cars........ Audi all the way, far superior than the run of the mill nissan
Edited by: "mds1256" 2nd Dec 2012
Surely it has to be the new A3.

The new shape is really nice
Test drive both and see which one you like
Elton Chong

Surely it has to be the new A3.The new shape is really nice

Missed the '5K budget' bit did you?

I don't think you will get a nice version of either for that money tbh.
Qashqai if your over 80 and on mobility Audi if your not
aircanman

Missed the '5K budget' bit did you? I don't think you will get a nice … Missed the '5K budget' bit did you? I don't think you will get a nice version of either for that money tbh.

Ah yes i did.

To be honest the op should consider leasing the new audi.

Buying a 5k car just seems pointless to me.
Elton Chong

Ah yes i did.To be honest the op should consider leasing the new audi. … Ah yes i did.To be honest the op should consider leasing the new audi. Buying a 5k car just seems pointless to me.

Lol.
its like comparing apples and bananas.
maccamuz

its like comparing apples and bananas.

Apples are better, go for the apple.
5K cash, never want loans and looking at 07-08 reg
5k to spend on a used car. Hard to know what id buy.
RossD89

Apples are better, go for the apple.

id go for strawberries much tasty
What are BMW M3s going for these days. The shape before the most recent one?
Elton Chong

What are BMW M3s going for these days. The shape before the most recent … What are BMW M3s going for these days. The shape before the most recent one?

I reckon you are JTT.
aircanman

I reckon you are JTT.

What makes you think that?

sofiasar

5K cash, never want loans and looking at 07-08 reg

Not being funny, but you are asking for it buying a used Audi for 5K (07-08) - Looking at very high miles for that money, and from experience, they are not the most reliable of cars.

Nissan gets the best reviews out of the two, but again it is a Renault Engine in the 1.5Dci version, so I would also be weary.

There are other cars around for the money, I loved my Seat Altea and Altea XL, also the Leon is quite a nice car, you would get a good example for that sort of money and it is VW quality (which doesn't say much these days) - but still nice.
Elton Chong

What makes you think that?

Just a thought.
aircanman

Just a thought.

JTT is asian and i'm white for starters.

Elton Chong

How do we know ay..
Audi think Nissan is a Renault engine and that - FAIL
Elton Chong

http://images.wikia.com/icarly/images/8/8f/HUH.gif
Why limit yourself to a Nissan Cashcow, everyone will assume it's on mobility. In sayiong that most models you pick up may weel have been a mobility car so well maintained for it's first 3 years.
Your budget for a A3 is going to have to either go older or higher mileage.

Have you considered a Focus? With the colder iwnters you can't beat a heated windscreen
Dont trust ford. You can get audi 07reg @ £5,000 around 100k miles. My brother got auction account so gona try there will be 1k cheeper
sofiasar

Dont trust ford. You can get audi 07reg @ £5,000 around 100k miles. My … Dont trust ford. You can get audi 07reg @ £5,000 around 100k miles. My brother got auction account so gona try there will be 1k cheeper

You don't trust Ford or people shouldn't trust Ford?

Auctions are a dealers way to get rid or problems. Most car forecourts would retail a 5 year old A3 themselves. Find out who is selling it before bidding. If they are a general dealer or Audi only then odds on they know of a problem they don't want.
sofiasar

Dont trust ford. You can get audi 07reg @ £5,000 around 100k miles. My … Dont trust ford. You can get audi 07reg @ £5,000 around 100k miles. My brother got auction account so gona try there will be 1k cheeper

I would choose a low mileage ford over an Audi with 100k on the clock every day of the week.

Everything is more money to maintain on VAG group cars, you are asking for trouble.
£10 for 50 miles is roughly 30mpg, the 1.4 should be getting 44 mpg if a 2001 honda civic 1.4 according to parkers.the a3 20 tdi only gets 51 mpg, so based on an average 12000 miles you would only save £225
databar

£10 for 50 miles is roughly 30mpg, the 1.4 should be getting 44 mpg if a … £10 for 50 miles is roughly 30mpg, the 1.4 should be getting 44 mpg if a 2001 honda civic 1.4 according to parkers.the a3 20 tdi only gets 51 mpg, so based on an average 12000 miles you would only save £225

I was thinking about that, around town that is not too bad, but it could be doing better. My 2.0Tdi VW does about 46mpg mixed, but Diesel is more expensive remember.
A mate of mine has a prius and allways says it gets 60mpg, but he has lost 4k in last year in depreciation, i get 25mpg but my fuel bill is roughly £2500a year 25 mpg, his is £1000 so he saves £1500 a year over me then loses 4 grand and has a slow granddad mobile whilst i have a 250bhp saab convertable, which would you have.
databar

A mate of mine has a prius and allways says it gets 60mpg, but he has … A mate of mine has a prius and allways says it gets 60mpg, but he has lost 4k in last year in depreciation, i get 25mpg but my fuel bill is roughly £2500a year 25 mpg, his is £1000 so he saves £1500 a year over me then loses 4 grand and has a slow granddad mobile whilst i have a 250bhp saab convertable, which would you have.

Lol, I know someone who has a Prius, my oiler does pretty much the same MPG and even though it is unreliable, I would rather this over the electric mobile.
aircanman

I was thinking about that, around town that is not too bad, but it could … I was thinking about that, around town that is not too bad, but it could be doing better. My 2.0Tdi VW does about 46mpg mixed, but Diesel is more expensive remember.

Forgot about that, cheers.
Oneday77

Auctions are a dealers way to get rid or problems. Most car forecourts … Auctions are a dealers way to get rid or problems. Most car forecourts would retail a 5 year old A3 themselves.

^ this. false economy.
30 mpg for your current car suggests you do lots of short journeys, especially when the car is cold. A diesel is not suitable for you if this is true. To spend £5k on an Audi that has done 100k from auction with little or no previous history? You might as well start mourning now. The engine will never get hot enough to be efficient. You'll forever be replacing the turbo due to lack of lubrication. There will be no financial benefit to recoup the £5k in buying a new car.
No point of an Audi.
Audi, Volkswagen, skoda , seat are all the same, owned by Volkswagen group.
Made in the same factory's by the same workers, only difference is the body, internaly they are basically all the same.
Then again the nissan will probley have a dpf which is not good unless motorway driving.
gpawan

No point of an Audi.Audi, Volkswagen, skoda , seat are all the same, … No point of an Audi.Audi, Volkswagen, skoda , seat are all the same, owned by Volkswagen group.Made in the same factory's by the same workers, only difference is the body, internaly they are basically all the same.Then again the nissan will probley have a dpf which is not good unless motorway driving.

They are the same group, but they are not made in the same factory, my car was made in Mexico, some are made in Germany, some are put together here in the UK, etc etc. Different workers, different attitudes.
The Therapist

30 mpg for your current car suggests you do lots of short journeys, … 30 mpg for your current car suggests you do lots of short journeys, especially when the car is cold. A diesel is not suitable for you if this is true. To spend £5k on an Audi that has done 100k from auction with little or no previous history? You might as well start mourning now. The engine will never get hot enough to be efficient. You'll forever be replacing the turbo due to lack of lubrication. There will be no financial benefit to recoup the £5k in buying a new car.

Hey therapist lol!! - My car sounds very farm like when it is cold, but when it warms up it sounds a lot nicer, could this be due to some poor oil? Should I replace it?
aircanman

Hey therapist lol!! - My car sounds very farm like when it is cold, but … Hey therapist lol!! - My car sounds very farm like when it is cold, but when it warms up it sounds a lot nicer, could this be due to some poor oil? Should I replace it?

Thats another thing i replace my oil every 5k and service it every year costs trade roughly £80 a year friend in prius costs £140 evevy 6 months so i SAVE £200 on service.
Anything that's Japanese is very reliable and lasts years, so i would choose Nissan Qashqai
Elton Chong

You couldav just said JTT drives a pink mini and I haven't passed my test yet, or summit along those lines
h4mza

Anything that's Japanese is very reliable and lasts years, so i would … Anything that's Japanese is very reliable and lasts years, so i would choose Nissan Qashqai

They are rated highly in the Which reports. It was going to be my next car until I learned they had a Renault engine.
Keep the Honda and learn to drive it properly.(_;)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants