Audi A4 2 Batteries and memory card issue

Found 19th Aug 2017
So I got a audi a4 yesterday and discovered a battery in the engine bay and the boot why is this the case. Does anyone know where I would get a 4gb not HC memory card to use in the headunit or does anyone have one ?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Extra battery is needed for the bass bins I thought 4GB SD cards were rare as they swapped to HC around the same time
Original Poster
kester7614 h, 21 m ago

Extra battery is needed for the bass bins I thought 4GB SD …Extra battery is needed for the bass bins I thought 4GB SD cards were rare as they swapped to HC around the same time

I think that's the problem only 4gb one I can find are £24.99 none HC what's the bass bin lol
The.Ghostbuster4 h, 44 m ago

I think that's the problem only 4gb one I can find are £24.99 none HC I think that's the problem only 4gb one I can find are £24.99 none HC what's the bass bin lol

A large speaker enclosure, battery is to drive additional electronics I think. Doesn't seem too bad a price as it's not a common format anymore.
The second battery in the boot is probably to keep the electronics going when the stop/start kicks in. My XF has the same thing.
Original Poster
paul123edwards1 h, 16 m ago

The second battery in the boot is probably to keep the electronics going …The second battery in the boot is probably to keep the electronics going when the stop/start kicks in. My XF has the same thing.

Problem is it isn't stop start lol might take it to the Audi garage see if they can update the firmware on the head unit to accept larger capacity cards
have you got the mmi input if so how about something like this and use a usb pen drive instead or failing that try cex for memory cards here
Edited by: "ding" 20th Aug 2017
Original Poster
ding52 m ago

have you got the mmi input if so how about something like this and use a …have you got the mmi input if so how about something like this and use a usb pen drive instead or failing that try cex for memory cards here

No mmi port which seems odd there's like a hole where I'd expect the mmi to be and a place to reset the mmi in the stereo menu system however the headunit has the cd/SD button instead of the media button so maybe is pre mmi
What year is it?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants