Expired

Audi A4 AMI lightning adaptor for iPhone 5 not working

Found 3rd Sep 2014
60 Reg Audi A4 S Line with concert radio and B & O advanced AMI lightning adapter for iPhone 5 not working, when I plug the cable into the AMI it says the cable is not supported.

I have the latest IOS for the iphone and the cable was from an audi dealership therefore it is genuine, anyone else having this problem?

thanks for your help!

Ben
Community Updates
AskAudiiPhone
6 Comments
I've got a loaner 14 plate but can't help as they only gave a usb and old style apple cable for the AMI
I assume you're using an Audi MMI issued lightning one rather than lightning into the AMI USB cable?
Original Poster
I've got a Audi issued lightning connector which goes from the ami direct into the iPhone it's all one cable
Found this on Google images if it helps?

http://i1370.photobucket.com/albums/ag248/craigwhitlow/4EBC703B-E68C-4A9F-8D13-C72333B60DF2-1589-000000C1BA9D2A68_zpsgvfrmuob.jpg
Edited by: "OneGloveOnTheFence" 3rd Sep 2014
Apogee00

OP, I know someone that has same age/year and model Audi as yours and they use the adapter shown in the picture by Apogee00. This definitely works using the latest iOS and was the cheaper alternative then buying the lightning cable from Audi.

Are you able to get one of them or borrow to see if you can rule out a fault in your cable or AMI
Apogee00

OP, I know someone that has same age/year and model Audi as yours and they use the adapter shown in the picture by Apogee00. This definitely works using the latest iOS and was the cheaper alternative then buying the lightning cable from Audi.

Are you able to get one of them or borrow to see if you can rule out a fault in your cable or AMI
Original Poster
I need to go back to the Audi garage then get the iPhone 4 one to try the converter? And in the picture ? How's that done as in my glove compartment is the ami?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants