Audible app for Apple Watch

Posted 24th Sep
Hi. Has anyone used this, and if so does it actually work reliably? I listen to books on Audible when I run but it's a pain lugging a giant phone around and I can never get to the playback controls/see it in the sun/unlock it with fingerprint when it's in an arm strap etc. So I'm considering picking up an old gen Apple Watch since it has an Audible app, but a few comments I've read say the app isn't very reliable. Any feedback would be welcome.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
buy an elasticated waist pouch for your 'giant' phone and shove it down your short/tights when you run and cant you use your head phones control to start/stop the audio?
yeah, pause is fine. But sometimes Audible doesn't detect the "play" command, at which point I have to remove the phone from the arm strap to sort it out, which isn't what I want to be doing mid-run. Looking for a better way.
turnma24/09/2019 14:40

yeah, pause is fine. But sometimes Audible doesn't detect the "play" …yeah, pause is fine. But sometimes Audible doesn't detect the "play" command, at which point I have to remove the phone from the arm strap to sort it out, which isn't what I want to be doing mid-run. Looking for a better way.

In that case start the audible book playing before you leave the house, no messing with the phone mid run. Only trying to save you some money for a problem that's shouldn't really be a problem plus I can see benefits of still having a phone whilst out alone.
Yup, that's what I do, but it's not 100% reliable. Plus I currently have a fitbit that relies on Connected GPS, and that's not great or particularly accurate either. Ultimately enough people wanted Audible on a watch for Audible to bother to write an app, so I'm just trying to find out if it's actually any good.
turnma24/09/2019 16:00

Yup, that's what I do, but it's not 100% reliable. Plus I currently have …Yup, that's what I do, but it's not 100% reliable. Plus I currently have a fitbit that relies on Connected GPS, and that's not great or particularly accurate either. Ultimately enough people wanted Audible on a watch for Audible to bother to write an app, so I'm just trying to find out if it's actually any good.

Not got glowing reports according to this reddit.com/r/a…ody
Thanks. I've seen a few pages like that but most of them are from around the time when the app got released. I'm hoping a bunch of bugs have been fixed since.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants