Audiobook recording

Found 24th Jan
Is there anyone here who can help me ? I would love to record audiobooks but don't know where to start. can someone tell me what equipment I will need and how much it will cost ? if anyone here has any experience with this and can point me in the right direction, please ?
I am not an author but would love to read for a living. thanks
Community Updates
AskEntertainment
5 Comments
Just by coincidence, this ebook for £1.99 (free with Kindle Unlimited) was posted yesterday - hotukdeals.com/dea…400

This might be a good starting point

Good Luck!
BeerDrinker16 m ago

Just by coincidence, this ebook for £1.99 (free with Kindle Unlimited) was …Just by coincidence, this ebook for £1.99 (free with Kindle Unlimited) was posted yesterday - https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/recording-audiobooks-how-record-sic-your-audiobook-narration-for-audible-itunes-more-free-for-those-with-a-kindle-unlimited-subscrption-2882400This might be a good starting point Good Luck!

Thanks. Will take a look
Get a half decent microphone, I have a blue yeti mic (£80) and it’s great. Nice and clear, get a pop filter (£10) and a decent room/area to record in, free of echos and outside noise.

computer running Audacity (free) and you are good to go.
If you want to do this as a job you need to find an agent, one that deals with voice overs. There are lots out there, they work the same way as agents for actors, writers ect.
Their websites will give you info on how to approach them and what they need from you (DO NOT use any that want a fee up front, that's not how it works).
Different projects require different types of voice or even accents, so if you can offer that you'll get further.
Take a look (or listen!) to the some of the free audio books on Amazon. You need to be able to keep a tone for the whole piece, and for some of them, a different voice for each of the cast.

While you can record what you like for your own use, be careful what you record for any other use in case you breach any copy rights.
Good timing OP the publishing industry is crying out for a cost effective method of converting books to audio.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions