Groups
    EXPIRED

Audio/Video out of sync on LG 3D LED 42LX6900 TV

Hi

I have just purchased a new 3D LG 42LX6900 TV and im experiencing the audio and video being out of sync.

I have a SkyHD box and ps3 connected to my Sony amp and then a single HDMI 1.4 running to the TV. For the audio I have 1 optical cable from the sky box to the amp and another optical from the ps3 to the amp.

Ive gone into the sky's settings menu and set the optical delay to 180ms and that is back in sync but how can I sort the sync out on the PS3?

Any help welcome. Thanks

8 Comments

does the sony amp do or have known problems with dolby digital live encoding

edit lg.com/uk/…faq

SubmitThere is a synchronisation problem with the sound and the picture … SubmitThere is a synchronisation problem with the sound and the picture when viewing an HD Channel (PS3 HD; Freesat HD; Sky HD set top boxes)Most LG HDMI ports do not support the DTS HD signal, so please change the audio settings on your set top box to either PCM or AC3

I know you are going to amp rather than to tv for sound but maybe try the solution to rule it out

Edited by: "dontasciime" 3rd May 2011

Original Poster

dontasciime

does the sony amp do or have known problems with dolby digital live … does the sony amp do or have known problems with dolby digital live encoding

its the sony STR-DH500

Spec is
    5.1 Surround Sound
    Dolby Digital
    DTS
    24P True Cinema
    5 x100 Watts of Sound from Several Different Sources
    Digital Theatre System - a Rival to Dolby Digital
    3 x Video Inputs
    4x Audio Inputs
    Built-In FM/AM Tuner
    1 x Coaxial Inputs
    2 x Optical Inputs
    Seperate Connection for Subwoofer
    3 x of HDMI Inputs, 1x Output

Original Poster

dontasciime

does the sony amp do or have known problems with dolby digital live … does the sony amp do or have known problems with dolby digital live encodingedit http://www.lg.com/uk/support/product/support-product-profile.jsp?customerModelCode=42LX6900&initialTab=faqI know you are going to amp rather than to tv for sound but maybe try the solution to rule it out

cheers i;ll give that a go, I dont hold to much hope though, lol

have you tried / tested your ps3 or did you just assume cos sky had issues your ps3 would

Original Poster

ive tried the ps3 and there is a delay in that also. Ive been reading up seems like a known issue with the TV.

I have the same set with the same problem. Unbelievable...
    It looks like its an LG wide issue so I am returning it and switching to another brand....

Maybe not strictly relevant,but there is an audio delay setting on Panasonic tvs. Try checking audio settings , looking for one that says something like "msec delay"
    The video needs time to be processed, the audio just goes straight through, same problem on big (pro) video projectors usually solved by using delay line.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2650
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17846379
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1871350
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1121

See more discussions