Groups

audi/vw emissions update

Hey all

Anybody had their audi/vw in to get the emissions update done. Mines an 11 plate a4 2.0 tdi 170. Had my letter through to get booked in for an update to the ecu

Wondering if anybody else has had theirs done and noticed any difference performance or economy wise

Being in the trade im reluctant to let them loose on my ecu considering the car is nippy does 50-60mpg and flies through emissions test i cant see the update improving it any

21 Comments

I have the same as you, black edition, haven't noticed any difference at all tbh. only had it done a week ago though so will give it a bit longer to judge the economy

Original Poster

Apogee00

I have the same as you, black edition, haven't noticed any difference at … I have the same as you, black edition, haven't noticed any difference at all tbh. only had it done a week ago though so will give it a bit longer to judge the economy

Ok good to know. Just struggling to see much benefit to getting it done. Did you get any sort of certificate to say it had been done or just a reciept?

Don't do it, Anything they've tweaked to bring emissions down will have a negative effect on mpg/performance unless they've miraculously found a way to tweak it and retain the same figures and performance etc..

shauneco

Don't do it, Anything they've tweaked to bring emissions down will have a … Don't do it, Anything they've tweaked to bring emissions down will have a negative effect on mpg/performance unless they've miraculously found a way to tweak it and retain the same figures and performance etc..

​That's it, continue filling my kids lungs with pollutants just because it may impact on your 0 to 60 time. Typical of German car drivers, oblivious to everyone else. It doest effect performance from what I read. But I'm waiting for these manufacturers to compensate me for breathing your pollutants. Especially given I pay tax related to what my car emits and you haven't.

liamf12

​That's it, continue filling my kids lungs with pollutants just because i … ​That's it, continue filling my kids lungs with pollutants just because it may impact on your 0 to 60 time. Typical of German car drivers, oblivious to everyone else. It doest effect performance from what I read. But I'm waiting for these manufacturers to compensate me for breathing your pollutants. Especially given I pay tax related to what my car emits and you haven't.

​Hahahahahahahaha...breathe....hahahahahahaha

There are a few issues with cars pinking after the update. VW know about this but have yet to fix it. I would want assurance that you could go back to the pre update software if you were not happy with the VW fix.

I haven't done it and i'm not going to. I don't see why i should be inconvenienced for their error. If they want to do it they can come and get my car and leave me a courtesy car to use, but they wont.

Global warming is a myth anyway

I haven't done my firmware update, but I was wondering if my car would pass MOT and drive virtually the same, why did they fiddle or adulterate the firmware for no perceptive gain in the first place?

craigstephens

​Hahahahahahahaha...breathe....hahahahahahaha

​What breathe in all those fumes? Not likely

splender

I haven't done my firmware update, but I was wondering if my car would … I haven't done my firmware update, but I was wondering if my car would pass MOT and drive virtually the same, why did they fiddle or adulterate the firmware for no perceptive gain in the first place?

Because they have to meet certain standards like Euro 5 etc.

Luckily they don't test them come mot time, It's merely a smoke test.

shauneco

Because they have to meet certain standards like Euro 5 etc.Luckily they … Because they have to meet certain standards like Euro 5 etc.Luckily they don't test them come mot time, It's merely a smoke test.

So would still meet Euro 5 before and after? As I am spending money on urea solution plus low SAPS oil to reduce emissions.
    Edited by: "splender" 4th Aug 2016

liamf12

​That's it, continue filling my kids lungs with pollutants just because i … ​That's it, continue filling my kids lungs with pollutants just because it may impact on your 0 to 60 time. Typical of German car drivers, oblivious to everyone else. It doest effect performance from what I read. But I'm waiting for these manufacturers to compensate me for breathing your pollutants. Especially given I pay tax related to what my car emits and you haven't.

1. I don't own a VW
    2. I drive a petrol

splender

So would still meet Euro 5 before and after?

Before NO as it cheated, After I would assume YES otherwise it'd be totally pointless.

It won't effect MOT either way.

shauneco

Before NO as it cheated, After I would assume YES otherwise it'd be … Before NO as it cheated, After I would assume YES otherwise it'd be totally pointless.It won't effect MOT either way.

So, I am still baffled if it would pass now, why they fiddled in the first place as they didn't have to?

splender

So, I am still baffled if it would pass now, why they fiddled in the … So, I am still baffled if it would pass now, why they fiddled in the first place as they didn't have to?

Because when they made the cars they were supposed to have met Euro 5/6 standard but they cheated.

If you bought a car and it was supposed to have 6 gears but only had 5 you would expect them to put it right.

The original test isn't an MOT test.!.

MOT test doesn't currently text the emissions as such, It is just a smoke test, It's pretty hard for a diesel to fail an emissions test unless it's got other problems like blown turbos, leaky injectors etc..

Original Poster

liamf12

Think theres a forum on quorn herbal juices and not washing somehere that may suit u better

The proper harmful pollutants in car emissions arent even tested in the mot particularly in a diesel its all garbage.

If you buy a car to be responsive and fuel efficient why do something to it to lower either if its not nescesary

I have 2 x 1.9 tdi so I'm likely to get any letter but I would be hesitant as well if I was in your shoes. could u not try to delay and see for sure what are pros n cons and if its worth it?
    vw forums might be a good place to learn from others experiences

also I would be concerned about the VED change due to ecu change. one of my 1.9 TDI VED is £10 a month, other 1.9 TDI transporter I have I pay £26 a month

Original Poster

iibdii

also I would be concerned about the VED change due to ecu change. one of … also I would be concerned about the VED change due to ecu change. one of my 1.9 TDI VED is £10 a month, other 1.9 TDI transporter I have I pay £26 a month

Goverment have promised the ved increase wouldnt affect consumer. Mind you that means nothing lol

liamf12

This is a wind up right?

jimhuf

This is a wind up right?

​I hope he's on the wind up.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1339
      2. word association Game73844478
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1861345
      4. WONGA REFUNDS DUE2111021

See more discussions