Auf Wiedersehen Herr Wenger

Found 3rd May
Very fitting it ends with UEFA Cup failure just like when he took over, started with Gladbach smashing em and ends with Atletico saying adios to Elsaß Arsène
Community Updates
Misc
15 Comments
Jumpingphil13 m ago

Oh, did they lose?Was just getting ready to watch it. Wont bother now. …Oh, did they lose?Was just getting ready to watch it. Wont bother now.

Show me the betting slip to prove you had any kind of inkling they was going to win
It could be worse for an arsenal fan, they could be a bitter and twisted caricature from a green street film supporting millwall
jimmy_the_fridge37 m ago

It could be worse for an arsenal fan, they could be a bitter and twisted …It could be worse for an arsenal fan, they could be a bitter and twisted caricature from a green street film supporting millwall

Caricature eh that might have been witty, had I not started going football a good quarter of a century before that film was even made.

Will you be on Cyrille duty and wearing your cossie on Saturday? Weather's meant to be pretty nice so it could get rather hot in there if Bournemouth allow you to do your thing round the pitch Jack.
Has Wenger also changed his nationality ?
Football is a funny game. People love to mock "failure" but getting into a semi is an achievement. Not every side can win every competition otherwise they would be boring.
As a United fan, I feel for Wenger. Yes he is a dinosaur but I think he deserves more respect than he is getting. Arsenal's wage structure and lack of transfer funds probably didn't really help him. Arsenal are tight, Haven't kept pace with the top. Maybe that coincides with the Emirates. That and no plan B.
Jumpingphil8 h, 34 m ago

I just wanted to watch a game without knowing the outcome.Not hard to put …I just wanted to watch a game without knowing the outcome.Not hard to put "SPOILERS" in the title and not mention the outcome until the first post, was it?

It had been on all night though even I watched the second half for 45 minutes of laughs, it's like nobody told them they needed to score they was so poor and devoid of any motivation, never mind urgency.

rogparki8 h, 28 m ago

Has Wenger also changed his nationality ?

You do realise Wenger is a German name don't you and may I draw your attention to my usage of the German spelling of his home region, feel free to Google the history of that little corner of South West Germany.

g8spur1 h, 9 m ago

Football is a funny game. People love to mock "failure" but getting into a …Football is a funny game. People love to mock "failure" but getting into a semi is an achievement. Not every side can win every competition otherwise they would be boring.

I'm not sure that in 30 years time when people look at the winners of this second rate pot this season they'll search back a round and say what an achievement it was by Arsenal or by the abhorrent modern football project from Salzburg.

I am no fan of Marseille but I happily doff my cap to them for knocking out both branches of Red Bull's cash injection in to plastic football clubs in consecutive rounds, what a blow for tradition over modern football that has been.

Sorry I digress so back to semis, Chesterfield made it to the semis of the FA Cup about 20 years ago which was far more of an achievement than Arsenal making it to the semis of the wooden spoon race, that is what the UEFA Cup has become over the last two or three decades if we're honest.

Arsenal Fan TV was full of their fans ranting his defensive cluelessness once more last night, one even speaking of decades of his abject European failure which I have always cited as a very valid reason for why he really ain't ever been all that.

.MUFC.11 m ago

As a United fan, I feel for Wenger. Yes he is a dinosaur but I think he …As a United fan, I feel for Wenger. Yes he is a dinosaur but I think he deserves more respect than he is getting. Arsenal's wage structure and lack of transfer funds probably didn't really help him. Arsenal are tight, Haven't kept pace with the top. Maybe that coincides with the Emirates. That and no plan B.

The wage structure he has implemented and gladly broke to keep lazy Mesut 'comfort zone' Ozil in his erm lazy comfort zone.

The man has received far more respect than he deserves seeing he's overstayed his welcome by at least 5 but probably more like 10 years.

I'd gladly receive nothing but contempt and disrespect for 10 mil a year or whatever it is his current contract was.
Edited by: "Chasloyal" 4th May
Chasloyal27 m ago

It had been on all night though even I watched the second half for 45 …It had been on all night though even I watched the second half for 45 minutes of laughs, it's like nobody told them they needed to score they was so poor and devoid of any motivation, never mind urgency.You do realise Wenger is a German name don't you and may I draw your attention to my usage of the German spelling of his home region, feel free to Google the history of that little corner of South West Germany.I'm not sure that in 30 years time when people look at the winners of this second rate pot this season they'll search back a round and say what an achievement it was by Arsenal or by the abhorrent modern football project from Salzburg. I am no fan of Marseille but I happily doff my cap to them for knocking out both branches of Red Bull's cash injection in to plastic football clubs in consecutive rounds, what a blow for tradition over modern football that has been.Sorry I digress so back to semis, Chesterfield made it to the semis of the FA Cup about 20 years ago which was far more of an achievement than Arsenal making it to the semis of the wooden spoon race, that is what the UEFA Cup has become over the last two or three decades if we're honest.Arsenal Fan TV was full of their fans ranting his defensive cluelessness once more last night, one even speaking of decades of his abject European failure which I have always cited as a very valid reason for why he really ain't ever been all that.The wage structure he has implemented and gladly broke to keep lazy Mesut 'comfort zone' Ozil in his erm lazy comfort zone.The man has received far more respect than he deserves seeing he's overstayed his welcome by at least 5 but probably more like 10 years.I'd gladly receive nothing but contempt and disrespect for 10 mil a year or whatever it is his current contract was.

I'm not saying a semi final should be celebrated on marked in history but to mock it seems odd considering the amount of teams who don't get that far every year.
g8spur9 m ago

I'm not saying a semi final should be celebrated on marked in history but …I'm not saying a semi final should be celebrated on marked in history but to mock it seems odd considering the amount of teams who don't get that far every year.

Would I be correct in thinking you're a fan of the goons' North London neighbours from up the Seven Sisters Road and down Edmonton way?
g8spur15 m ago

I'm not saying a semi final should be celebrated on marked in history but …I'm not saying a semi final should be celebrated on marked in history but to mock it seems odd considering the amount of teams who don't get that far every year.

Especially from a fan of that massive London club... Millwall.

Im pretty sure they wouldn't have minded the same level of "failure" that Arsenal have had under Wenger. I suppose being promoted to division one/the championship on three separate occasions in that same period is deemed more of a success by some...

Good luck with the playoff push, OP.

...Whoops, nevermind.
I don't get your preoccupation with Wenger being a German name op, In this day and age it doesn't really matter.
I mean Britain is being run by a German Greek conglomerate and even English sounding names ,let's take Charles for example is a German name derived from the German Karl.
RossD891 h, 2 m ago

Especially from a fan of that massive London club... Millwall.Im pretty …Especially from a fan of that massive London club... Millwall.Im pretty sure they wouldn't have minded the same level of "failure" that Arsenal have had under Wenger. I suppose being promoted to division one/the championship on three separate occasions in that same period is deemed more of a success by some...Good luck with the playoff push, OP....Whoops, nevermind.

I'm proud to follow a small club, arguably the biggest small club on the planet but still a small club, who won't ever win anything of note lack of on field success maybe but proper passionate support most big clubs can only dream of is exactly why I chose to support Millwall from a very tender age.

Was talking to the fella in the Boss outlet shop in Alfreton the other day, he used to go everywhere with United throughout the 80' and 90's but grew to hate it so much he's been following FC United instead since they formed which speaks volumes.

He said non league football is where it's at and I agree, pretty football played by pretty players in pretty stadiums is alright for telly in the modern era but the fans match day experience has been wrecked by it.

So nah you're alright I wouldn't swap our lower league mediocrity for anything Arsenal have achieved in this post Italia 90 media circus samitised top flight football era.

We had more laughs in the 2 years we had in the old top flight back in the late 80's than what Stoke have had in the 10 or 15 years they been up there in the modern era, fact!

That all said n done even we still considered losing the semi to Wigan failure so I'm not getting this sense of achievement we were supposed to feel by losing and missing out on a big day out

jimmy_the_fridge19 m ago

I don't get your preoccupation with Wenger being a German name op, In this …I don't get your preoccupation with Wenger being a German name op, In this day and age it doesn't really matter.I mean Britain is being run by a German Greek conglomerate and even English sounding names ,let's take Charles for example is a German name derived from the German Karl.

My point is more about Elsaß being a historical German region, Wenger could be called Webber or Vinci but the fact he has a German surname emphasises this all the more.

I spent many years of my life living in Germany and in Austria, the fact my bio pic is the badge of FCH's main fan/ultra grouping should be proof aplenty I am actually very fond of Germany so you're right it doesn't really matter, quite the opposite.

As for your other point, I'm not going to be drawn in to political debates about our monatchy or their heritage either.
Edited by: "Chasloyal" 4th May
Chasloyal1 h, 27 m ago

Would I be correct in thinking you're a fan of the goons' North London …Would I be correct in thinking you're a fan of the goons' North London neighbours from up the Seven Sisters Road and down Edmonton way?

You would indeed be correct.
g8spur6 m ago

You would indeed be correct.

Now why would a supporter of the club with the most consecutive semi final defeats on record claim his biggest and dare I say most hated rivals' semi final defeat in another competition is an achievement I wonder?
33743424-aEZyq.jpgSuch a shame..............
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions