August Holiday

Posted 28th Mar
I have paid a deposit for Dubai hotel in August and the remaining is to be paid next month. Am I able to delay the payment due to the coronavirus issue. Also if I pay the remaining and my plane ends up getting cancelled will be I able to get a refund ?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
tempt28/03/2020 19:26

The peak is expected around mid-April and the world will be back to normal …The peak is expected around mid-April and the world will be back to normal in May/June. There is plenty of buffer for your holiday.

The world will be back to normal in May/June? That’s a very bold claim and one that may well not be true.
16 Comments
If I were you I would ask the company who you are paying the money to as I'm sure each and every company will have their own set of guidelines at present
Just pay it off so you don’t lose the deposit.
If it cancelled due to the current situation you will be able to get refunded.

It’s happened to me a few times in the past few weeks
I’d pay it off then if they cancel u won’t lose any deposits or what not
I have booked it with destination2. Unfortunately as they are very busy I haven’t contacted them as of yet
The peak is expected around mid-April and the world will be back to normal in May/June. There is plenty of buffer for your holiday.

The peak is expected around mid-April and the world will be back to normal …The peak is expected around mid-April and the world will be back to normal in May/June. There is plenty of buffer for your holiday.

The world will be back to normal in May/June? That’s a very bold claim and one that may well not be true.
deleted193929

Peak where?
It is going to take the whole world to stop it all at once before it is over, or it will just start all over again. Remember this stemmed from a few incidents to a then world wide pandemic in a matter of months.

Based on what fact? Until the vacination is available who knows when this will end.

You are kidding right? This will be with us for years (or until they get a vaccine which is at least 18 months away, if ever)

OP, you have zero chance of going abroad for at least 2 years so get your money back now if possible
Edited by: "chocci" 28th Mar

world back to normal in may/june? which year??
Surely they won’t have lockdown for a year as economically countries would get bankrupt
2 years
asad515029/03/2020 10:08

Surely they won’t have lockdown for a year as economically countries would …Surely they won’t have lockdown for a year as economically countries would get bankrupt

2 years of lockdowns on a rotating 3 week basis is possible
Well if that’s the case that’s my honeymoon and wedding delayed
asad515029/03/2020 14:38

Well if that’s the case that’s my honeymoon and wedding delayed

they're usually the other way round.
adamspencer9529/03/2020 14:49

they're usually the other way round.

you think so? sometimes it feels that is the right way round
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions