Austism engaging toys

Found 8th Mar
hi, my son is serverly Austic, I'm trying to find toys that can engage him, want to try and get him away from his over reliance on the tablets and TV and engage him in other ways, he loves his books but like any child gets bored and most toys he has don't get touched.. any suggestions would be great.
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Are there any toy libraries near you? He can then pick and choose any toys and then you can swap them regularly and then buy any he really plays with
Original Poster
Unfortunately no there isn't really anything near me.
Tried puzzles. Start with the big easy ones.
Hmm second image won’t post so see here
33401090-Lc1SC.jpg
Favourites here include kinetic sand / rock, orbeez water beads, Minecraft papercraft, torches / projector toys, playdoh, magnetix, yo-yo, marble run, nerfing, Lego, slime, making up ice in different shaped tubs to play in sink, chalks outside, bananagrams, stopwatch / egg timer challenges, science sets, sticker album. Hope these help, feel free to DM me x
Wow speedy is good my son just loves baby toys not great outa the house but had a baby a year ago and he loves getting stuck into all the 'basic' toys she doesn't get a look in and he's a heavy tablet computer kid
Original Poster
Thank u all for the great suggestions!
I work with a severely Autistic child who will play with pasta and glitter sparkles for the whole day. He raises it above his head and releases it onto a plastic tray. The pasta makes a nice sound that soothes his sensory needs. Each child is different mind. Worth trying cheap ideas like this as toys can be expensive and in affective
Original Poster
I should have mentioned he a has a younger sibling who does nothing but find things that are tiny and attempt to choke on them so we have to limit things that are small. But saying that he put two black eyed peas up one nostril (he is just turning 5). It looked first like it was snot and when I tried to clean his nose he screamed in pain. Needless to say no more small things.
sonofgojira3 h, 30 m ago

I should have mentioned he a has a younger sibling who does nothing but …I should have mentioned he a has a younger sibling who does nothing but find things that are tiny and attempt to choke on them so we have to limit things that are small. But saying that he put two black eyed peas up one nostril (he is just turning 5). It looked first like it was snot and when I tried to clean his nose he screamed in pain. Needless to say no more small things.

How on earth did he manage to fit Will I am and Fergie up there ?
Original Poster
loumar761 h, 12 m ago

How on earth did he manage to fit Will I am and Fergie up there ?

Didn't see that coming lol
sonofgojira3 h, 12 m ago

Didn't see that coming lol

You have to have a giggle when and where you can . I also have kids with ASD's , I know how much of a struggle it can be.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants