Posted 17th Apr 2022
Hello all. This company Teyes is Australian and I want to buy a car stereo. I'm unsure if they will ship from Australia but if they do, will they charge me 20%VAT when is over £150? Thank you
3921813_1.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    What did they say when you contacted them?
  2. Avatar
    VAT is compulsory, irrespective of value. The only difference is that up to a landed cost of £135, VAT needs to be collected by the seller whereas above that, it is the buyer's responsibility (in most cases, the delivery service will handle it and charge a fee).

What you are probably thinking of is Customs duty which is separate from VAT and depends entirely on what exactly is being imported. Usually, it is 2.5% up to £630 and is charged on item price + shipping charges to UK. VAT is charged on the total after Customs duty.
  3. Avatar
    I'd be more concerned with confirming that specific site as being legitimate or not before considering any VAT obligation.
  4. Avatar
    Honestly don't buy an android car stereo from overseas....the failure rate on these devices is massive.
    Buy from Amazon, then when you need to return it in 6 mths you won't be paying half the device value on return postage.....
  5. Avatar
    Ivandelsur17/04/2022 15:33

WHat unit from amazon do you recommend?

I honestly wouldn't go for a full Android unit. . If budget allows go for Pioneer, Sony, Alpine with Android Auto \ Apple Carplay.

If budget won't stretch look at the Atoto branded units, the F7 and F8 are very good value for many and much better than the Chinese android units and support Android Auto \ Apple Carplay
  6. Avatar
    Top Facebook page reviews :/
  7. Avatar
    Author
    Uridium17/04/2022 13:30

Honestly don't buy an android car stereo from overseas....the failure rate …Honestly don't buy an android car stereo from overseas....the failure rate on these devices is massive.Buy from Amazon, then when you need to return it in 6 mths you won't be paying half the device value on return postage.....

WHat unit from amazon do you recommend?
  8. Avatar
    Author
    Uridium17/04/2022 16:04

I honestly wouldn't go for a full Android unit. . If budget allows go for …I honestly wouldn't go for a full Android unit. . If budget allows go for Pioneer, Sony, Alpine with Android Auto \ Apple Carplay.If budget won't stretch look at the Atoto branded units, the F7 and F8 are very good value for many and much better than the Chinese android units and support Android Auto \ Apple Carplay

WHat about the s8 lite Atoto? Any good,?
  9. Avatar
    Ivandelsur17/04/2022 16:11

WHat about the s8 lite Atoto? Any good,?

Are you looking for a 10 inch unit not a standard double din fitment?
  10. Avatar
    Author
    Uridium17/04/2022 16:21

Are you looking for a 10 inch unit not a standard double din fitment?

10 inch double pin. That's what I'm looking for
  11. Avatar
    Ivandelsur17/04/2022 17:07

10 inch double pin. That's what I'm looking for

Then its the sony, no questions.
Discussions
Top Merchants