Australian Fires - How you can help!

Posted 5th Jan
Hi HDUK,

As you might be aware Australia (specifically NSW and Victoria) is going through bushfires, they're one of the most cartographic wildfires to ever happen. Thousands of Koalas and Kangaroos have died or lost their habitats. Below I have some of the biggest ways you can donate/support.

If you know anyone who has lost their home Airbnb are giving free accommodation until people are safe! Link

BBC Article

if you can't donate, PLEASE share, speak out, relay the information, we are facing an extreme climate emergency and Australia needs our help!

NSW Rural Fire Services Donate - Donations to the Rural Fire Service in NSW directly benefit the volunteer firefighters.

Victoria Firefighter Services Donate - People can donate to the Victoria firefighters via the state's Country Fire Association.

Donate to WIRES - WIRES are protecting animals with destroyed habitats such as Koala's and Kangaroos. WIRES are busier than ever before: due to the drought and bushfire crisis, they received more 20,000 calls to WIRES in December 2019 alone, and attended more than 3,300 rescues. They accept donations by PayPal!

Donate to the Red Cross - The Australian Red Cross is helping support those affected by bushfire, including by providing psychosocial support to people, distributing food and water in Victoria, and greeting people evacuated by air and sea.

For more information!
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Great post thanks but disappointed the BBC shoehorned "climate emergency" in there. Have been reading a lot about this and the locals who used to do much more controlled burning in Spring to reduce the "fuel load" know what is really to blame. Can't mention it here as politics involved. Do your own reading.

Will contribute what I can
19 Comments
Thanks
39599914-18Wpd.jpg
39599914-Mz5Vl.jpg
39599914-X7UW6.jpg
39599914-SlNXL.jpg
39599914-mdEHT.jpg
39599914-UoUbY.jpg
39599914-J74f5.jpg
39599914-nw0uC.jpg
Nice post here @KeyboardKitten (and its fine to stay up in case anyone wonders).

It is really quite unbelievable I hope Australia gets as much help as possible and quickly.
Best wishes to everyone Down Under.
I wish we could donate some of our weather to you.
Terrible news from a wonderful country, will donate to both volunteer fire services, the interviews I've seen show how pushed to the limit these guys are.
The sheer scale of this is something else.
twitter.com/BOM…%2F
39600126-2Qd6A.jpg
Snow turned brown by smoke on a New Zealand glacier

39600126-x8iJH.jpg
It’s just really shocking to think what the wildlife is facing here, very sad, thanks op for highlighting. It’s hard to watch the reports, no animal deserves this end
Great post thanks but disappointed the BBC shoehorned "climate emergency" in there. Have been reading a lot about this and the locals who used to do much more controlled burning in Spring to reduce the "fuel load" know what is really to blame. Can't mention it here as politics involved. Do your own reading.

Will contribute what I can
They only bought Army 3 days ago!
Its so annoying when they leave disasters like these late.
I feel sorry for the fire crew
Saw item on news last night about Australian fire then next item was about flooding elsewhere in world ... very worrying
Got enough problems in this country without worrying about somewhere the other side of the world...
Bargainhead06/01/2020 19:46

Got enough problems in this country without worrying about somewhere the …Got enough problems in this country without worrying about somewhere the other side of the world...

There’s no need to be rude.

We’re having political issues, a country is on fire. No matter how far they’re it doesn’t mean it isn’t an issue for us.
KeyboardKitten06/01/2020 20:00

There’s no need to be rude.We’re having political issues, a country is on f …There’s no need to be rude.We’re having political issues, a country is on fire. No matter how far they’re it doesn’t mean it isn’t an issue for us.

Nothing to do with politics, we have issues here what need sorting... never mind 12000 miles away....
39618145-XUAQC.jpgAverage temperature in Australia for 1910-2019. One stripe per year. Warmest year on record in 2019
39618145-MOIon.jpgEnjoy
Wongy11006/01/2020 08:31

You can buy Shane's baggy …You can buy Shane's baggy green.https://twitter.com/ShaneWarne/status/1214034590592929792https://www.pickles.com.au/campaigns/foxcricket[Image]

Shane's baggy is up to $375,000

rather, amusingly he has never been a fan of it

"Warne often took exception, wanting to wear his “white floppy” instead, but Waugh was insistent. “I used to sit there and sulk at first slip for the first hour wearing this silly baggy green cap,” Warne later said in 2013. This rule was taken to extremes on a team day out to the 2001 Wimbledon final, although this time Warne rebelled. “Making the players wear it to Wimbledon was embarrassing,” he continued. “Luckily a few of us said no way, although a few players like Justin Langer did.”"
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions