Expired

Australian Visas & Insurance

1 reply
Found 6th Sep 2007
As I am months away from being 31 I have decided to sod off to Oz for a year or so. I have had a nose around google for details on working Visas and backpacker insurance but there seems many co's ready to take money off you for what I can only guess is a middle man scheme.

Anyone have any tips about the cheapest way to get the ball rolling?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

1. Ask
  2. Insurance
2 Comments

its been a couple of decades since i did it, but to get a working visa you need to apply to australia house here ]http//ww…htm
it'll cost you $190 AUS, and get you application in quick because Important: Applicants must have turned 18, but not turned 31, at the time of visa application.

if you just want a holiday visa, its cheaper to get it from ]fastozvisa.com

not sure on backpacker insurance, i'm sure there are plenty you can choose from offering quidco. i got my insurance as a special deal through qantas at the time.
i still go to oz now n again, i loved it, but casual jobs are harder to find now and pay exactly the same rate/hour as when i was backpacking 18 years ago.

make sure you see as much as you can in the year you are there, and have a good time.

Original Poster

Staffiebull, thanks very much for your help. Very useful... rep left..
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21128
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769544
    3. Exploding Paw Patrol foam soap Leaves child in ICU11
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3065

See more discussions