Australians arrested for wearing swimming trunks and enjoying a beer in Malaysia

telegraph.co.uk/new…ri/

A bit heavy handed!

18 Comments

Mr Pyne's office said the matter was being "handled appropriately" by the Australian High Commissioner in Malaysia

That statement took balls.

When in Rome....

We cannot criticise people who refuse to integrate or respect our laws if we then choose to defend those who disrespect laws in other countries.
Edited by: "SJHan" 4th Oct 2016

stuarthanley

When in Rome.... .

Malaysia.

Banned

stuarthanley

When in Rome.... We cannot criticise people who refuse to integrate or … When in Rome.... We cannot criticise people who refuse to integrate or respect our laws if we then chose to defend those who disrespect laws in other countries.

Bet they wouldn't steal an apple in saudi arabia.

MrScotchBonnet

If you go to another country and break their law, you need to be punished in the same way as one of the locals would. Ignorance is not an excuse.

stuarthanley

...We cannot criticise people who refuse to integrate or respect our laws … ...We cannot criticise people who refuse to integrate or respect our laws if we then chose to defend those who disrespect laws in other countries.

Like Eleanor Hawkins...

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/images/sized/ez/the_sun_uk1106_620_496_100.jpg

Original Poster

MrScotchBonnet

How about smuggling a budgie?

fanpages

Like Eleanor Hawkins...

No idea whether she received any special treatment or not but if she didn't then yes.

stuarthanley

No idea whether she received any special treatment or not but if she … No idea whether she received any special treatment or not but if she didn't then yes.

Ms Hawkins & three others in her group each had three-day prison sentences for "committing an obscene act in public".

When you fly into Malaysia, you are warned that bringing drugs into the country carries the death penalty. Seems like they are doing alright really.

fanpages

Like Eleanor Hawkins...

I was surprised when you didn't quote the last two sentences of the original Telegraph story. Appears perfect for your preferred description of such stunts as 'cunning'.

Last year, a British woman was arrested for posing naked on top of a sacred mountain in Malaysia.

Eleanor Hawkins, from Derbyshire, was sent home after a judge sentenced her to three days in prison and a 5,000 ringgit (£585) fine for the stunt on Mt Kinabalu.

Saturn

I was surprised when you didn't quote the last two sentences of the … I was surprised when you didn't quote the last two sentences of the original Telegraph story. Appears perfect for your preferred description of such stunts as 'cunning'...

I used that yesterday:

[ hotukdeals.com/mis…266 ]

They should abide by the Countries law/culture. Petty as it might be it's not their Country is it?.

They'll get a fine, chucked out of the country and have a few news interviews and in a decade's time they'll probably be able to go back and show off their dad bods in budgie smugglers with gay abandon.

fanpages

I used that yesterday:[ … I used that yesterday:[ http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/kim-kardashian-robbed-gunpoint-2522030?p=28892266 ]

I know. Could that have been the motivation behind the comment that you have replied to?

Saturn

I know. Could that have been the motivation behind the comment that you … I know. Could that have been the motivation behind the comment that you have replied to?

Only you know that.

I know that I am not going to use a similar reply (so soon, if at all).

Need to swap the beach police from Nice to Malaysia. And exchange the objects and subjects from these threads with the French beaches.

shauneco

They should abide by the Countries law/culture. Petty as it might be it's … They should abide by the Countries law/culture. Petty as it might be it's not their Country is it?.

I believe the aborigines are happy to Aussit them back to the UK. They are much better accustomed to lifestyle here in UK, Ireland and France ,we welcome them all back here,and they can binge drink and strip off when they want to anywhere, not just on beaches.
Moreover there were so many forcibly sent off there, they deserved to come home to motherland, such as Britain's child migrants, just one tiny scheme of many theguardian.com/soc…ery

Edited by: "splender" 5th Oct 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764026
    2. jeremy hunt £44.000 for a new bathroom ??1413
    3. PS4 Beta Software Version 511
    4. Better watch out for these...1017

See more discussions