Groups

Author

I'm quite an avid reader, and read alot of:

Richard Laymon
    Dean Koontz
    Jonathan Kellerman
    Linwood Barclay
    Karin Slaughter

Can you guys suggest any other authors to try?

20 Comments

Karen Rose is good and Lisa Gardener, they're both similar to Karin Slaughter.

my faves are

clive barker
    val mcdermid
    peter james
    michael crichton
    jeffrey deaver
    michael marshall smith
    james herbert

Original Poster

thanks for the repost DLM, first one didn't take lol!

Original Poster

love James Herbert too

i also enjoyed the necroscope series by brian lumley

tried stephen king? he's quite similar to laymon and koontz.....
    I'm just amazed you've heard of laymon! he's not very big over here and noone i've ever spoken to has had any idea who he is!!

have all of laymon's books, it's a real shame that he died when he did... I thought his writing was actually getting even better the last few books before his death.

Original Poster

I was lucky enough to get hold of a signed copy of one of his books, pity I couldn't have met the great man himself!

I picked up this book and second part in a charity shop years ago and really enjoyed it, I'm normally a stephen king fan so was a nice change
    Simon Clark
    Edited by: "MissBehave" 3rd Jan 2011

Banned

Michael connolly , Lawrence Block , john sandford , jo nesbo
    all great crime writers

Supermod

As someone has already pointed out, Jeffery Deaver.

I would also recommend:

Kathy Reichs
    Michael Connolly
    Jo Nesbo
    Stieg Larsson
    CJ Sanson

Hope you enjoy these.

Michael Connely

Original Poster

KipperRSA

i also enjoyed the necroscope series by brian lumley

just read up on this series, sounds pretty interesting. think i will give it a go!!!

Karen rose, definately. Also Mo Hayder is great

ham82

I was lucky enough to get hold of a signed copy of one of his books, pity … I was lucky enough to get hold of a signed copy of one of his books, pity I couldn't have met the great man himself!

Wow very lucky.

Have u read the odd thomas series by Koontz? Its one of his more recent ones and its REALLY good!

Original Poster

czar.nik

Wow very lucky.Have u read the odd thomas series by Koontz? Its one of … Wow very lucky.Have u read the odd thomas series by Koontz? Its one of his more recent ones and its REALLY good!

yes i am really enjoying it, have you got the graphic novels aswell? I only have the 1st. Looking out for the 2nd now!

ham82

yes i am really enjoying it, have you got the graphic novels aswell? I … yes i am really enjoying it, have you got the graphic novels aswell? I only have the 1st. Looking out for the 2nd now!

No I haven't! need to track it down....
    I finished reading the novels he's written so far.... now anxiously awaiting the final installment!
    I read all 3 in like a few week binge! absolutely awesome books! heard Christopher Snow trilogy is really good so that'll probably be my next stop... after I finish reading a discworld or two

Original Poster

czar.nik

No I haven't! need to track it down....I finished reading the novels he's … No I haven't! need to track it down....I finished reading the novels he's written so far.... now anxiously awaiting the final installment!I read all 3 in like a few week binge! absolutely awesome books! heard Christopher Snow trilogy is really good so that'll probably be my next stop... after I finish reading a discworld or two

I think I read the first Christopher Snow book, been awhile though.

shaun hutson brilliant same laymno and herbert all good writers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?30117
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …94173
      3. O2 priority £1 lunch to end for good55
      4. Updated 22/8/17: List of companies which spam or have been hacked2883

See more discussions