Posted 28 August 2022

Authorisation of extra fees when checking out on PayPal for tennis-point.co.uk order

Hello all,

Bit of a niche one as I don’t expect many to have used Tennis Point before

I had a basket value of £150 and was checking out using Paypal. As I was about to confirm I saw a small print which said “You authorise up to £174.00 GBP to include any additional
seller charges related to shipping, tax, or other. You only pay for what you agree to.”

I’ve shopped at Tennis Point on many occasions, last time being in January this year and have never seen this before. I know they ship from Germany, but so do a lot of other major retailers like Footlocker and Zalando.

Wanted to see if anyone else had this come up whether it was for Tennis Point or another store in the UK/EU, and if they were duly charged extra.

Appreciate any responses
Community Updates
New Comment

1 Comment

's avatar
    It's seems most retailers add additional "Brexit tax" fees to orders now - Aliexpress do this.
    I guess for me it's something to expect now, my choices are limited as a lot of companies (even Microsoft!) refuse to deliver to Northern Ireland!

I also didn't realise a lot of offers on here charge up to £5 to your CC to "verify" your payment (I am lead to believe that it gets refunded, however I thought it was standard practice to only charge £1 and to be open and honest that they do this?!)