Auto Express subscription with free gift.

Posted 3rd Jan
Just wondering how many have taken up these offers? I did and now regret it.
Should have received 6 copies and a car-care kit. I only received one. I phoned Dennis Publishing after a month of not receiving more and was told that "there had been a problem with delivery" so they extended the contract by 5 issues. What I didn't realise was that they had then also taken £22.99 as a direct debit. I only realised that today after receiving my second copy!!!
I'm now trying to get my money back.
Anyone else had problems?
Community Updates
6 Comments
In terms of getting your money back I'd just phone your bank and quote the DD guarantee. Some banks can be a bit standoffish about honouring it (as its work for them basically) but stick to your guns and get them to refund it and sort it with retailer.
I got my magazines but no free gift.
markmc99903/01/2020 10:40

In terms of getting your money back I'd just phone your bank and quote the …In terms of getting your money back I'd just phone your bank and quote the DD guarantee. Some banks can be a bit standoffish about honouring it (as its work for them basically) but stick to your guns and get them to refund it and sort it with retailer.

I have done that, thanks. Had the threat that Dennis Publishing could take me to court for non payment. That could be good!
deeky03/01/2020 10:50

I got my magazines but no free gift.

You were lucky. Did you cancel the DD early on?
I think it was after a few weeks. Got them on live chat today and they're supposed to be sending me my cleaning kit so thanks for reminding me
DaveKF03/01/2020 19:45

I have done that, thanks. Had the threat that Dennis Publishing could take …I have done that, thanks. Had the threat that Dennis Publishing could take me to court for non payment. That could be good!

Did the bank say that? Its right in a way as you could be in breach of contract, but, its probably also them trying to avoid repaying it.

If Dennis' do come after you just point out what it should cost etc. and the hassles you've had and what you tried to do instead.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions